I have a Vauxhall Vectra 2003 model, pre-facelift, using a CRD 2005 head unit.
I want to replace the head unit and speakers with an aftermarket set.
The Speaker I have chosen are the Infinity Perfect 6.1 components from here: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/2974.html
To be paired up with this amplifier: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/8038.html
(100watt RMS Speakers, paired with a 100watt RMS Amp. - I don't plan on buying a sub as I only listen to rock and heavy metal music and most of that doesn't even have a sub track.. good performing 6.5" mid-subs will be more than adequate!)
Now I have 3 questions which are stopping me from buying the whole system right now...
1) What head unit do I get!? I can't decide between 2 different head units:
- Do I either get the King Cobra from Chinavasion: http://www.chinavasion.com/product_i...wifi-gps-dvbt/
- Or do I get the JVC KW-AVX820: http://www.yonies.com/pidD.asp?chk=1...ayers&rf=frguk
- The King Cobra has sat nav, windows CE, 4 pre-outs (FL,FR,RL,RR), Digital TV, inputs for a rear view camera, etc, etc etc! - but it's unbranded, and I haven't been able to find any reviews for it from forum members or on google.
- The JVC unit is more expensive and has less features than the King Cobra, but it does have a removable face plate (which the king cobra doesn't!) which means it should be less likely to have my car broken into.. - it doesn't have sat nav though, nor does it have an accessable windows CE. and did i mention it was more expensive?
2) What -exactly- do I need to order to get the button steering controls to work in my car with the new head unit?
- There are so many different connects2 cables that I don't know what one(s) I need to get! - help me! i'm so confused!! - Say I've decided on getting the King Cobra head unit, it's unbranded.. what connects2 cable do I need to purchase to get it to work in my vectra?
3) What other (connects2?) bits do I need to purchase?
- I guess I need to buy a connects2 cage and Fascia? - which is the correct connects2 cage/fascia to buy for the king cobra? and is it the correct colour to match my interior? (gun metal)
- Also the front and rear speakers, will I need to purchase the connects2 Front and Rear door speaker adaptor pod rings? (I'm guessing yes.)
Please help me and answer my questions guys! I'm itching to replace my crappy CDR 2005 and get something decent into my car but I don't want to pay out £800 for a whole new system and then find out I bought the wrong parts!