Thread: GSI upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default GSI upgrades

What are the best GSi upgrades in terms of performance,sound and handling(I don't want to lower it).A bit more feel and assurance wouldn't go amiss in the corners.
    Cheers
    Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

To be honest the best way to get some more assurance in the corners is to lower it a little. It's more about fitting it with better springs than the standard chocolate Vauxhall ones. I have Eibach fitted to mine, it only lowers it by about 15mm but it's more about how they perform (soft ride when driving normally, when you put some effort in your driving in the corners they stiffen up).

Another way to go would be to fit a strut brace I suppose, not sure if these actually work, but I want to try it myself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

When I had my Zafira GSi, I had the same thoughts as you, wanted a bit better handling without lowering it.

So after doing a bit of research, I fitted a full set of Bilstein B8? Yellow dampers but kept the original springs. It worked wonders.

As all GSi's are now at least 4 years old, the springs won't be at there best as all springs weaken over time.

My advice to improve the handling without lowing is to invest in a new set of standard Vauxhall springs and Bilstein dampers. This will give you alot better damping in the corners and over bad roads. You would be amazed how different the car will feel, and it's all insurance friendly as your not lowering.

The 3.2 V6 will benefit from a decent exhaust and a re-map. EDS do a very good re-map for the 3.2 which can give up to 20bhp. The best exhaust to fit is the standard VXR system, this is a remus system and it good for performance and sound. You will need to have the front modified for the 3.2 downpipe but should not be too much trouble.

A 200 cell sports cat will also make a difference.

If you did all this, you could expect to have a very good handling car with a geunine 230/235bhp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by parsco View Post
    To be honest the best way to get some more assurance in the corners is to lower it a little. It's more about fitting it with better springs than the standard chocolate Vauxhall ones. I have Eibach fitted to mine, it only lowers it by about 15mm but it's more about how they perform (soft ride when driving normally, when you put some effort in your driving in the corners they stiffen up).

Another way to go would be to fit a strut brace I suppose, not sure if these actually work, but I want to try it myself
    hi m8
    got the strut brace on mine and it does work on the cornering but not worth the £100+ (glad i got mine cheap)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mhvcbv View Post
    hi m8
    got the strut brace on mine and it does work on the cornering but not worth the £100+ (glad i got mine cheap)
    Good stuff mate I have asked Santa for one of them

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by parsco View Post
    Good stuff mate I have asked Santa for one of them
    its mrs santa you ask

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    When I had my Zafira GSi, I had the same thoughts as you, wanted a bit better handling without lowering it.

So after doing a bit of research, I fitted a full set of Bilstein B8? Yellow dampers but kept the original springs. It worked wonders.

As all GSi's are now at least 4 years old, the springs won't be at there best as all springs weaken over time.

My advice to improve the handling without lowing is to invest in a new set of standard Vauxhall springs and Bilstein dampers. This will give you alot better damping in the corners and over bad roads. You would be amazed how different the car will feel, and it's all insurance friendly as your not lowering.

The 3.2 V6 will benefit from a decent exhaust and a re-map. EDS do a very good re-map for the 3.2 which can give up to 20bhp. The best exhaust to fit is the standard VXR system, this is a remus system and it good for performance and sound. You will need to have the front modified for the 3.2 downpipe but should not be too much trouble.

A 200 cell sports cat will also make a difference.

If you did all this, you could expect to have a very good handling car with a geunine 230/235bhp.
    I would assume that the exhaust would give 15-20bhp and mapping for extra fuel,but no huge gains though
    P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by jvr View Post
    I would assume that the exhaust would give 15-20bhp and mapping for extra fuel,but no huge gains though
    P
    No, its the opposite, Vauxhall really held back the 3.2 V6 to 211PS with the mapping on the car.

A good re-map will put a standard GSi up to about 225bhp, some have seen 230bhp. The exhaust will just help out with the breathing and again another few bhp.

Normally, non Turbo cars don't respond that much to re-mapping but the 3.2 is not running at what it is capable of.

I know of a 3.2 Elite 'saloon' that is running 265bhp. It has polished and ported heads, manifolds and exhaust system and a decent re-map.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    No, its the opposite, Vauxhall really held back the 3.2 V6 to 211PS with the mapping on the car.

A good re-map will put a standard GSi up to about 225bhp, some have seen 230bhp. The exhaust will just help out with the breathing and again another few bhp.

Normally, non Turbo cars don't respond that much to re-mapping but the 3.2 is not running at what it is capable of.

I know of a 3.2 Elite 'saloon' that is running 265bhp. It has polished and ported heads, manifolds and exhaust system and a decent re-map.
    opps,I stand corrected

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by jvr View Post
    opps,I stand corrected
    No worries bud, most non petrol turbo cars are not worth mapping, but the 3.2 is an exception.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information