Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default remapping/chipping

right been told a lot on this issue good and bad, i want more power out of my 3.0 CDTI so i turned to chipping, mate bought chip box for his bora easy to install and made it really fast, thats when the problems started, clutch DMF and alternator pulley and a couple of other things, another mate of mine same bora same colour lol not that makes much of a difference same engine TDI 150, it has been remapped and not had a single problem there is about 15,000 miles difference between them

so the moral of this story is shall i or not? dont want chip box i want remapp, bloke in bristol told me that mine can't be mapped he will have to take the ECU apart and put a EPROM chip in it and that was £300 all in. really want the extra bit of power but if its going to cost me in the long run i dont want to do it

my vec is a 55 plate faclelift 3.0 V6 CDTI SRI done 73k and has had a brand new turbo 4k miles ago so its all healthy and it has full service history, vauxhall also reckon they can do it and i get 3 years or 60,000 miles warranty with that

please help

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Simple answer, forget it.

You can't change the EPROM chip in the ECU. The facelift Euro 4 184PS engine does not like re-map/box tuning in any form.

My old Signum 3.0 CDTi V6 went to the VXR Performance centre for a re-map, I was not all that impressed with the map to be honest and 40 miles later the fuel pump blew losing all power and went into limp mode.

Did the re-map cause it? Who knows but I had owned the car for a good while, towed the caravan across France and covered approx 2500 miles per month for work duties. The car was 100% reliable, but after doing dome research it is a fact that the 3.0 diesel is not at all good for tuning.

Irmscher were told by Opel to stop supplying their tuning box for the 3.0 due to reliability issues.

The best thing to do with the facelift 3.0 is to improve the breathing, I did the usual airbox mods and changed the cat to a 200 cell sports car and it did improve things.

I did a rolling road session and the car produced 199.8bhp and 304lb/ft, OK not huge amounts but considering the standard figures are 181bhp (184PS) and 295lb/ft it was a good increase for a bit of mechanical tuning. Running on Shell V-Power helps as well. I know rolling roads are not totally accurate and should be treated as a guide, but it was a good guide.

But out on the road it drove really well and felt more athletic and less restricted.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks for the reply, but could do with some more feedback from others just to get another opinion. if it might cause problems is it better to buy a tuning box and if it does cause problems at least i can take it off and the thats it if and i can sell it on. with a remap i cant do that i will have to go back and ask them to reset it and then £300 on nothing. please calling more V6 diesels with remap or chip box???

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Avoid tuning the 3.0 V6 CDTi. Whether by re-map or tuning box. The pre-facelift 177PS 3.0 was able to be tuned slightly but the V6 Euro 4, forget it.

You may want to ignore my knowledge on this issue but I do know what I am talking about.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

didnt say i was going to ignore it will take evrything you say into consideration as the airbox and cat mods are all lined up when my warranty is out on the 21st of february.
    just thought i would try and squeeze a bit more out of it, but it don't look like i will lol

Thread Information