User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: HID Question (Sorry)

  1. #1
    Regular Member maurauth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southampton (Locks Heath)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default HID Question (Sorry)

    Hey, after my thread a couple of months ago, finally got the money and the HIDS-Direct kit has arrived.

    I'd rather not take the bumper off the car in the current weather (rained every day for the past week), and I don't have an accessible garage.

    I can see that you can fit the warning canceller, on the nearside, in the tray that the battery is in, as there's a nice little gap at the bottom. But where can you fit it on the offside? Do you have to take the airbox out to find a place?

    EDIT: Oh and it all worked with just the ballast warning canceller, do I still need to wire in the capacitor ones as well in case a problem develops?

    I can't wait to get them fitted, plugged them all in to the car loose and the light difference is amazing!

    Thanks in advance guys

  2. #2
    Regular Member Danialj32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maurauth View Post
    Hey, after my thread a couple of months ago, finally got the money and the HIDS-Direct kit has arrived.

    I'd rather not take the bumper off the car in the current weather (rained every day for the past week), and I don't have an accessible garage.

    I can see that you can fit the warning canceller, on the nearside, in the tray that the battery is in, as there's a nice little gap at the bottom. But where can you fit it on the offside? Do you have to take the airbox out to find a place?

    EDIT: Oh and it all worked with just the ballast warning canceller, do I still need to wire in the capacitor ones as well in case a problem develops?

    I can't wait to get them fitted, plugged them all in to the car loose and the light difference is amazing!

    Thanks in advance guys
    I just lodged it in, shouldn't have really, but so far so good! I also have only the warning cancellers in, have the capacitors boxed for back up though! I get a bulb failure light every so often, but goes when I turn the lights on!

  3. #3
    Regular Member maurauth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southampton (Locks Heath)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danialj32 View Post
    I just lodged it in, shouldn't have really, but so far so good! I also have only the warning cancellers in, have the capacitors boxed for back up though! I get a bulb failure light every so often, but goes when I turn the lights on!
    On the drivers side? You just left it hanging or?

  4. #4
    Regular Member Danialj32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Warrington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maurauth View Post
    On the drivers side? You just left it hanging or?
    Driver's side yeah, it's not hanging, lodged somewhere by the air filter, I should secure it really, what has everyone else done, glued or taped or something?

  5. #5
    Regular Member maurauth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southampton (Locks Heath)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm tempted to try using the doublesided super adhesive stuff you get for sticking numberplates on, but was wondering if the ballast gets hot? Will it melt the adhesive?

  6. #6
    Regular Member P3tchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I just placed mine on top of the air box, with the bonnet down it don't move.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Daywalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Kaunas raj
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maurauth View Post
    I'm tempted to try using the doublesided super adhesive stuff you get for sticking numberplates on, but was wondering if the ballast gets hot? Will it melt the adhesive?
    Thats what i used and so far so good

  8. #8
    Full Member axelf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    chester le street
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I also used that tape for number plates.....it been like that for over a month and never moved....placed the in the recesses in the wings on both sides......

  9. #9
    Forum Moderator Leemarksmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hanging Heaton / Batley
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    cant you whip the airbox off and get it in down the side, be neater for the sake of an extra 10 min?

  10. #10
    Regular Member maurauth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southampton (Locks Heath)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leemarksmith View Post
    cant you whip the airbox off and get it in down the side, be neater for the sake of an extra 10 min?
    Think this is what I'm going to do, gonna have to wait for tommorow now though.

    ****** "guaranteed by 1pm" delivery, came at 3:30pm meaning I had about 20 minutes before nightfall, hah.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GSI Inner tie rod question.
    By Lee_gsi in forum Suspension, Wheels & Brakes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th August 2011, 19:46
  2. question about hid
    By marc vectra sri in forum Electrical & ICE (including SatNav)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 22nd July 2011, 23:15
  3. Vaux-Com / Op-Com question - Screen change question
    By AntSSSS in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16th May 2010, 23:54
  4. Just a question...!
    By Maxim007 in forum Styling
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th January 2010, 20:12
  5. BSR question
    By soulman in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 6th October 2007, 22:55

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •