Thread: anyone got a vec 2.0 dti ?? HELP PLEASE

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation anyone got a vec 2.0 dti ?? HELP PLEASE

hello, im having trouble finding information on my vectrta 2.0 Dti Elegance, i cant find where to plug in my boost gauge, its all fitted i just need to know what pipe i need to tap into, i phoned a garage and they said they will be able to fit it but they might have to drill into the inlet manifold !!!

There must be a pipe i can 'T' into to get a reading for my boost gauge, people on this site have tried to help me by sending me links but i need info off someone that has fitted a gauge on this car not a VXR or a petrol as these are different methods of installation.

any help is appreciated

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : Sri

Engine : 1.9 cdti 150

Year : 2004

use the pipe after the intercooler. i would suggest getting a replacement or a metal pipe before tapping in as the dti boost pipes are weak and prone to break. ive had to replace both of mine and have a metal one ready to install my boost gauge

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Danwells72 View Post
    use the pipe after the intercooler. i would suggest getting a replacement or a metal pipe before tapping in as the dti boost pipes are weak and prone to break. ive had to replace both of mine and have a metal one ready to install my boost gauge

Thanks m8, is this the FAT Black rubber hose coming from the intercooler ('' turbo radiator'') how do you tap into that? drill a hole into it i guess? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bradley View Post
    Thanks m8, is this the FAT Black rubber hose coming from the intercooler ('' turbo radiator'') how do you tap into that? drill a hole into it i guess? thanks
    Thats the one. i really dont recommend tapping into the original pipe. seriously, get a metal pipe if you want to do this then you can bolt into it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Danwells72 View Post
    Thats the one. i really dont recommend tapping into the original pipe. seriously, get a metal pipe if you want to do this then you can bolt into it

i took my car to CAR TECH (garage) and they have tapped into the pipe that comes straight of the turbo, its a short peice of rubber hose about 6'' that connects to a metal hose which comes over the top of the engine then leads to another rubber hose which leads down the left hand side of the radiator...? gauge works fine but doesnt read any vacuum just boost pressure?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bradley View Post
    i took my car to CAR TECH (garage) and they have tapped into the pipe that comes straight of the turbo, its a short peice of rubber hose about 6'' that connects to a metal hose which comes over the top of the engine then leads to another rubber hose which leads down the left hand side of the radiator...? gauge works fine but doesnt read any vacuum just boost pressure?
    Yea thats what you want, a reading of boost pressure. i personally wouldnt tap into that pipe as i want an accurate reading of whats going into the cylinders, thats why i said the fat rubber pipe on the right of the block. taking the reading for the small pipe will show what the turbo is pushing into the engine before the pipe work and intercooler.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just "thinking loud": Wouldn't it be the best to tap this after the throttle blade, on the aluminium just before inlet manifold? I mean, the throttle blade might close the inlet pretty thight from time to time, and more using the EGR-function. Would this maybe give a more accurate reading for whats really going on? It's pretty easy to drill and make some tread for a nipple there.
    I have 2.2 DTi, but it should be similar...

Thread Information