Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Boot wont open

Hi

I have a 2007 Vectra Estate SRi and this weekend the boot has stopped opening, when I unlock the vehicle it occasionaly opens into the unlocked ajar position but mostly there is nothing when I touch the sensor underneath the handle. Has anyone else had this problem? I would appreciate some advice so that I can take it to Vauxhall and show them that this is not just a one off problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just had the same problem. The micro switch is faulty/dirty and fixed with a new door latch unit. You have to buy the whole thing as the switch is part of an assembly. For a month the door would not open or would open part way and internal lights come on and then I went over a very large speed bump and the problem went away. Last week the door once again would not open so the garage replaced the door unit and now all okay. Reading some threads it appears one can clean the the micro switch but I have no idea how to do it hence the garage. Banging on the rear door just above the handle would sometimes work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i have the exact same problem is there any other way apart from looking quite suspiciuos and banging just above the handle hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : Elite

Engine : 1.8 VVT

Year : 2009

Mileage : 42800

i had a similar problem with my hatch a couple of years ago. i was quoted £30 for a new actuator & £50 to fit it, so took the interior panel off, took the micro switch off, cleaned it & the back of the button, put it all back together & its been working perfectly ever since. took me all of 1 hour & was free!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

i just sorted my problem out was as simple as taking the rubber off where u press to lift the boot and the metal plate had got suck so it was pressing the microswitch constantly hence boot popping open onto the latch when you unlock the car, now i have the problem of putting the rubber back on....... hope this helps someone else out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got the same problem with my 04 Signum. I've seen Duncans how-to pics in another thread but I wont have time to have a go this side of Christmas. Is there another way I can open the tailgate?. Is there a hidden release button anywhere?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hi,
    I had the problem with my veccy estate about a month ago...where it wouldn't open. you can open the vectra boot from inside. if you climb in through the back at the bottom of the door you may see a rubber type plug inserted in the trim. remove this then using a large flat screw driver insert it and turn gently. This will mechanically disengage the lock mechanism.....at least I know this works on an estate. I imagine a similar thing should be present on the other models too....
    my problem turned out to be the exterior lock / black handle on the outside above the no. plate was jamming. I resolved this by removing the trim loosening the handle and giving it a good clean / silicon greasing...

hope this helps you...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by si_sri View Post
    hi,
    I had the problem with my veccy estate about a month ago...where it wouldn't open. you can open the vectra boot from inside. if you climb in through the back at the bottom of the door you may see a rubber type plug inserted in the trim. remove this then using a large flat screw driver insert it and turn gently. This will mechanically disengage the lock mechanism.....at least I know this works on an estate. I imagine a similar thing should be present on the other models too....
    my problem turned out to be the exterior lock / black handle on the outside above the no. plate was jamming. I resolved this by removing the trim loosening the handle and giving it a good clean / silicon greasing...

hope this helps you...
    Thanks mate,will have a look in the morning

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi folks,was able to get the boot released from the inside using si-sri's tip above. Rather than go down the road as per Duncans tip in another thread I'm thinking of removing the rubber seal and trying to release it and lubricate it from there. What is the best method to release the rubber seal? Is it just a case of going gently with a flat head screwdriver? I'm not very 'hands-on' so would like to make it as easy as possible for myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

if you remove the tailgate / hatch rear trim panel - pulls off, then you can access the two nuts that hold the exterior switch/ handle in place (the one above the number plate you use to open the boot......these are seen centrally in the tailgate....you only need to slacken them off. once slack you can move the rubber trim around the release switch. I never removed my switch, as its very fiddly. Once loose I gave it a good clean & sprayed some silicon grease in there . My switch mechanism was being jammed on the edge of the rubber trim. Whilst its loose you can check the operation of the switch by pressing it. It should click cleanly, and you will notice the motor actuator buzzing away on the lock mechanism..thats a good sign if all is well. Be careful when you tighten the nuts back up that hold it in place as the rubber can be tight on the edges of the switch that will make it jam again.. Just take your time and you will be fine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information