User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT-anyone heard of "ECU needs update" after EGR Valve repalcement on CDTI 150?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default URGENT-anyone heard of "ECU needs update" after EGR Valve repalcement on CDTI 150?

Hello all,

Ongoing CDTI 150 issues.
    I had the dad's motor over the weekend and to say it is gutless under 1.8k rpm is an understatement!

I was driving it over the weekend and went to London and the car just crawls under 1.8k rpm and its downright dangerous!!!

Even on the motorway, it just wont drive at 50mph in 6th gear, I was having to go down a gear to 5th and even 4th just to get me above 2k rpm so it would continue. At one point I was in 6th going at 51mph, then it gradually came down to 47/46 and doing about 1.2k rpm, had to kick down to get it back to 50 mph! Disgraceful!

ANYWAY, I have just had a chat with Vx dealers and told them that I have done the EGR Valve and now it has B-NEW one on there, have also told them about the 3rd Injector, air filter, Millers additive, etc and the lady on recpetion asked if the system had been updated since the EGR repalcement?
    I asked do you mean has the code been cleared, if SO, then YES it has. And she said NO, the system will need updating with a Tech2 to say it has been replaced as the system is still showing as code present, even if its been cleared! She said the car ECU is reading the as EGR being closed so the code needs to be cleared and updated to show back as open state!

I said is this causing the wobbling at idle, she said more than likely as the car has got to much/less gasses going through the EGR valve so its running bad, blah blah blah blah blah, etc!

First I've heard of this....can someone please assist as im tempted to get it booked back in, £50.00 for Tech2 Diags and system update!!!

The car is still every now and then throwing up a "P0400" EGR Valve code which im clearing once every 3 weeks, had to do one on Saturday before I took it!

So is she right!?

PLEASE PLEASE !!

She also said that if we have suspicions with the EGR valve, if I can give them the receipt for it, then she can get me a replacement just to eliminate the process!!

In advance, Thank you again Vec-C members and I am dying to hear your feedback on this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2017

don't know exactly if shes right but i had my egr replaced last week and an ecu software upgrade but i'm not sure if the two had to be done together

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by neverlandandy View Post
    don't know exactly if shes right but i had my egr replaced last week and an ecu software upgrade but i'm not sure if the two had to be done together
    Hmmm.....god knows mate, probably not in Vx's case as it means you would have to go back for an extra charge! Just out of interest, what was your car doing before and after the EGR & Software upgrade, etc?

The rest of you: 19 views so far, come on folks, me out here please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2017

as per egr very flat spot at low revs under 2.0k rpm and thats about it really it now runs like a dream but like i say i don't know if the ecu update was paired with the fitting of the new egr

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

sounds like a load of balls to me.
    they are told to speak horse shi* to create more revenue!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

ooh wait... theres something brewing.... think she's half right

There is a new ECU revision which alters the characteristics of the EGR's operation. Not sure when/if it has touched down yet but I remember someone said it was soon.

It wont make any difference to the fault code appearing every now and again and there is nothing to clear once the code has been read and wiped. Your problem sounds very much like a turbo issues, we had this with Jay Kay 313's car. It would be gutless in 6th gear and would need to drop down to build up power, it eventually got so bad he had to keep dropping to lower and lower gears over the course of time.... Result was new turbo required....

Think its all the slush and mush in it, at low rpm high gear not enough exhaust pressure to spin it up properly but lower gear higher rpm and it would be ok...
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra sri 150

Engine : 1900 cdti 150

Year : 2008

if the valve was replaced and code cleared everything should be ok there is no update yet for the 150 so i think she is talking s**t the only update was for the z19dt

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    ooh wait... theres something brewing.... think she's half right

There is a new ECU revision which alters the characteristics of the EGR's operation. Not sure when/if it has touched down yet but I remember someone said it was soon.

It wont make any difference to the fault code appearing every now and again and there is nothing to clear once the code has been read and wiped. Your problem sounds very much like a turbo issues, we had this with Jay Kay 313's car. It would be gutless in 6th gear and would need to drop down to build up power, it eventually got so bad he had to keep dropping to lower and lower gears over the course of time.... Result was new turbo required....

Think its all the slush and mush in it, at low rpm high gear not enough exhaust pressure to spin it up properly but lower gear higher rpm and it would be ok...
    My issue is mainly with the flat spot below 2k rpm! Is that what all this is about. Problem is its worse than a flat spot now, its more of a dead spot.

Is there no way of clearing out the Turbo?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    572 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra

Trim : SRi

Engine : 150

Year : 05

Mileage : 74000

obviously get a garage to diagnose it first before you take any action, but it seems you've covered all of the normal culprits. As for the turbo its gonna need a service, has to be removed from the car and sent off to turbo technics or such...
    Plasma's Tech2 services are now open and able to provide services

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by plasma View Post
    obviously get a garage to diagnose it first before you take any action, but it seems you've covered all of the normal culprits. As for the turbo its gonna need a service, has to be removed from the car and sent off to turbo technics or such...
    !!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information