Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Front Parking Sensors

Hi Guys,

I currently have a 58 1.9 CDTI SRI.

I got the dealer to fit some rear parking sensors for me, and they said it would have to be the XVision ones, as these are the aftermarket ones.

Now the trouble comes, I have asked them for some Front Sensors as well, and told them I want it to work with the Park Pilot button, i.e I oont want any extra non standard switchs.

They have since come back and said this cannot be done!

Is this correct ????, I would of thought/hoped it would be a fairly easy thing to do fit the sensors and get them wiorking with the park pilot button (Which would also need added to the car).

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can do away with the button, check out HERE if you want the next best thing to a factoy intall, with the CAN Bus adaptor the fronts will only work below 6mph, much like the factor Park Pilot,.

HTH markm

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we really need front parking sensors?

To me that's akin to fitting reversing sensors to the back of a Nissan Micra
    Surely they'd be more use on the sides of a Micra? as their drivers typically think they're driving a Challenger 2 fitted with ERA panels......

I just use my headlights to judge how close I am to an object, haven't hit anything so far
    Rear sensors would be useful, but im pretty good at getting out, checking the distance by eye and then reversing to within a few mm of the object.

The only time ive touched another a car was when i'd been blocked into a space and was forced to pushed them out of the way because I really needed to get home to make a cup of tea

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they said it would have to be the XVision ones, as these are the aftermarket ones.
    Why do dealers do this? Vauxhall do a Parkpilot kit for the Vectra and when programmed into the car the button works, looks a lot better and in my opinion as it's designed for the car (i.e programmed to what car type it is fitted too) works alot better to.

I'm going to be adding the front sensors to mine over the next few weeks, the Vectra is the first car I have felt I have needed them in due to the shape of the front end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tramman View Post
    Why do dealers do this? Vauxhall do a Parkpilot kit for the Vectra and when programmed into the car the button works, looks a lot better and in my opinion as it's designed for the car (i.e programmed to what car type it is fitted too) works alot better to.

I'm going to be adding the front sensors to mine over the next few weeks, the Vectra is the first car I have felt I have needed them in due to the shape of the front end.

I have just called the dealers, they are now saying I never mentioned OEM sensors for the rear, and the so called sisocunt price for the front was not for the OEM ones.

I have a feeling this is going to turn into a battle!, what really annoys me is I did say OEM when the fitted the rear ones, as I knew at the time it me be a possability the misses would want front ones, so to ensure it all would work/look ok I asked them to ensure OEM.

I have to call them tomorrow again to speak to their sales manager.

When I spoke to the mechanic who orignally said that the Park Pilot sys cant be retro fitted, I told him about the advice on here and suprise, it turns out he has never fitted OEM Vaux ones, bugs me as jsut because he hasnt done it dosent mean its not possable.

I paid £200 for the rear....and had a price of £180 for the front ones.

What does the Vaux Park Pilot system come in at for each part??, just wondering cause they will have to rip the rear ones out as I never requested that, and fit the OEM Vaux ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow I paid about £18 for my rear ones on the astra and they were spot on. I have to agree that you really dont need them on the front unless you have a specific parking issue or something ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think my rear ones cost <25 squid from e-bay, took 30 mins to fit. I'm in the wrong job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can make the front ones work off the brake line, so they only activate when the brake is pressed, there is also a thread running on here about fitting a canbus unit so they only work under 6 mph but the unit costs about £50.

I tried to hook my front sensors to the original park pilot button without success, so will be going for a simple aftermarket on/off switch, so there are some options.

Frenchman

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The full retail price of the Vauxhall kit (part number 93160432) is around £195. Expensive I know but with a bit of searching (http://www.carpartsconnexion.com/vau...del&y=Any+year) the price can be got down quite a bit.

For the full kit for mine front and rear on an estate I've paid £125 (plus an extra £30 for the bottom bumper trim as it is an estate), yes it is more expensive than the ebay stuff but it's the OEM equipment and is setup specific to the car.

Thinking about it on Ebay probably talking £20 for rear, £20 for front and £50 for the canbus interface so an extra £35 isn't too bad.

North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did my own..bought them of ebay a 6 sensor kit....I posted what I did in this thread if it's any use...cheers

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84009

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information