User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: buying shocks

  1. #1
    Regular Member chris1804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandwell
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default buying shocks

    gonna buy some new shocks, dont want to pay no more than
    £70-£80, the rear ones i mean

    edit: anybody tryed these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pair-Rear-Shoc...item56362ac865
    Last edited by chris1804; 8th December 2009 at 17:24.

  2. #2
    Regular Member glynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    stevenage, hertfordshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats






  3. #3
    Regular Member chris1804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandwell
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glynn View Post
    trouble is the price for 1 on theese you could get 2 of the others i suppose it comes down to quality though

  4. #4
    Regular Member simon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Leicester
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Insignia elite tourer vxline biturbo

    Trim : Elite vxline

    Engine : 2.0 biturbo

    Year : 2013

    Mileage : 80000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glynn View Post
    there set of 4 are good price we fitted these to my mates car . very good ride and they shorter so dont bottom out with his lowered suspension

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Worcs/Staffs/Westmids (ish)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    I had KYB shocks fitted to my 306, they were supposed to be exact OEM replacements, eventually they had to be removed as they were utter rubbish. I found otu that the MFR (KYB) specifies the same part no for every Peugeot 306, from vans to 1.4's through to the GTI-6..... Idiots!!!
    They made the front end so soft that i'd oversteer without even driving quickly.
    I got into a right argument with the garage over this and never went back to them again.

    When they were finally replaced 4 months later, the guy (a friend of the family) showed me the difference between those and my soon to be fitted shocks, you could actually fully compressed the KYB's with just your body weight, where the new Bilsteins wouldn't budge an inch.....

    I don't have that car anymore, but I certainly didn't make the same mistake on my Vectra.

    You get what you pay for!!!!

    I'd buy Bilstein B4's at £49 a piece..... Well actually I did.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Jezzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    S.E
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birchy63 View Post
    I had KYB shocks fitted to my 306, they were supposed to be exact OEM replacements, eventually they had to be removed as they were utter rubbish. I found otu that the MFR (KYB) specifies the same part no for every Peugeot 306, from vans to 1.4's through to the GTI-6..... Idiots!!!
    They made the front end so soft that i'd oversteer without even driving quickly.
    I got into a right argument with the garage over this and never went back to them again.

    When they were finally replaced 4 months later, the guy (a friend of the family) showed me the difference between those and my soon to be fitted shocks, you could actually fully compressed the KYB's with just your body weight, where the new Bilsteins wouldn't budge an inch.....

    I don't have that car anymore, but I certainly didn't make the same mistake on my Vectra.

    You get what you pay for!!!!

    I'd buy Bilstein B4's at £49 a piece..... Well actually I did.
    £49? That sounds like the LMF price. They buy them from www.eurocarparts.co.uk who are cheaper, so you should cut out the middle man and buy from ECP and make a saving.

  7. #7
    Regular Member old cruiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    slough
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Had the KYB excel-g on the rear of my Omega and had no probs with them.
    Cheers Pete

  8. #8
    Regular Member chris1804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandwell
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jezzy View Post
    £49? That sounds like the LMF price. They buy them from www.eurocarparts.co.uk who are cheaper, so you should cut out the middle man and buy from ECP and make a saving.

    cheers 4 this i didnt know this

  9. #9
    Regular Member chris1804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sandwell
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    jezzy ur a top bloke youv'e just saved me some money £36.16 for Bilstein B4's from euro car parts

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Wingfield, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Vectra C Hatchback Facelift

    Trim : Club

    Engine : Z18XE

    Year : 2005

    Mileage : 100085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chris1804 View Post
    gonna buy some new shocks, dont want to pay no more than
    £70-£80, the rear ones i mean

    edit: anybody tryed these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pair-Rear-Shoc...item56362ac865
    got a pair fitted to our 55 reg Facelift Vectra C club Hatch in March this year to replace the Original GM units one of which had started to leak....no probs so far...note the warning.. not suitable for the sports suspension cars eg SRI etc... Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. shocks what to or not to....
    By vectraross in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14th October 2012, 19:54
  2. springs,shocks,coilovers buying 2moro advice needed.
    By Vectra boy in forum Handling & Braking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20th August 2011, 22:20
  3. sri shocks
    By paul.sessions in forum Parts for sale
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13th March 2011, 21:46
  4. new shocks
    By happypostie in forum Handling & Braking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 20th September 2010, 20:31
  5. new shocks
    By dan1983 in forum Vectra C / Signum Car Chat
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12th August 2008, 08:26

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •