Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Speeding fines?

So with the police making all this money with speeding fines, minimum of 1000 speeders caught daily, where is all this money going??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The money goes toward paying the people at the top their ridiculous wage packet and buying them 3 houses and 8 cars (guess).

That's only one reason for speed traps, the other and I'd suspect main reason is to massage crime figures, because every single case of speeding is one crime resolved and punished.

If their were 50 murders/rapes/etc next month and only 2 were solved, the figures would look pretty damn bad at 4%....

However!!! if you catch 30'000 speeders in that month, bringing your total crimes to 30'050 your figures are then up to 99.8%.... Simples!

These figures make it look like the people at the top are doing their jobs properly and they're set for life.

It's not about road safety at all, you only have to look at where they park their silly vans to realise this..... I was just caught on a section of road where your slowing for a 50, but also trying to move over as the lanes close. I really didn't have much choice, I was being blocked on the inside and im pretty sure it's highly illegal to drive over chevons (with a solid white line).

I'd love to see them put speed traps in a place where the ******s like to drive at 90 and overtake on the chevrons (with a solid white line), where all the accidents on this road actually happen, but they won't do it because they'd catch less people.

The Police who man the camera's? for as much as you'd love to sneak up and gaffer tape all the doors, let the tyre's down and throw a rotting fish onto the windscreen/airvents, it's not their fault, they're just following orders.....
    Last edited by Birchy63; 7th December 2009 at 10:05.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The money goes to fund even more cameras.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Only asking as i never knew where the money went, surely it would be better putting back into the roads to improve the road surface then that would help keep accidents down.

I dont think speed cameras are a bad idea in the right place, i dont speed if i can help it, i have just been caught for the first ever time since ive been driving(since 1991) coming out of portsmouth doing 43 in a 40, fair enough but what the camera failed to see was the fact i was actually slowing down and i had just had to do a foot down to miss someone hitting me.

Oh well £60 to some prats pocket lol.

Was offered the course but had to travel from plymouth to portsmouth to do it???

Stiil strange that you get 2 punishments for 1 crime though, points for how many years??/ and A FINE, where is the justice in that??

I would never blame the cops for it as i was speeding my fault they are just doing their job. The same as i would never help a police person as they get paid to do it and they dont come and help me do my job lol....plus the bro in law is a copper.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

43 in a 40, thats bad mate,

I was zapped last week doing 46 in a 40.... need to send back the NIP and see what comes of it

Quote Originally Posted by Andy79 View Post
    Only asking as i never knew where the money went, surely it would be better putting back into the roads to improve the road surface then that would help keep accidents down.

I dont think speed cameras are a bad idea in the right place, i dont speed if i can help it, i have just been caught for the first ever time since ive been driving(since 1991) coming out of portsmouth doing 43 in a 40, fair enough but what the camera failed to see was the fact i was actually slowing down and i had just had to do a foot down to miss someone hitting me.

Oh well £60 to some prats pocket lol.

Was offered the course but had to travel from plymouth to portsmouth to do it???

Stiil strange that you get 2 punishments for 1 crime though, points for how many years??/ and A FINE, where is the justice in that??

I would never blame the cops for it as i was speeding my fault they are just doing their job. The same as i would never help a police person as they get paid to do it and they dont come and help me do my job lol....plus the bro in law is a copper.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Jaguar XF 3.0D V6

Trim : Black

Engine : 3.0D V6

Year : 0000

BUT the Police are paid for at public expense, are you?

I whole heartedly disagree with camera for the one simple reason that they cannot apply any discretion whatsoever. There may be VERY good mitigating circumstances that any reasonable copper (most are) would see and wouldn't 'do you' - however the camera cannot see these things and the only way to have your say is to go to court and possibly get higher fine / more points if you lose.....

30mph outside a school at 3:15pm on a schoolday is probably too fast. But it may be safe to drive past at different times quicker and still perfectly safely (for example). But they don't site them outside schools do they?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

How about them parked in flippin bus stops, is that allowed ??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    But they don't site them outside schools do they?
    No, apparently just on accident blackspots.....
    You know... those tricky dead straight roads that us brits find hard to deal with (unlike our US cousins) and inside those darn wheelie bins that fling themselves randomly in front of oncoming cars, causing death and destruction.

Their determination to catch people in situations where they're extremely likely to be just over the limit (ie speed limit changes) I find most annoying. I wish they' catch the idiots, the people who drive erratically and cause serious accidents through bad and inappropriate driving and then leave the otherwise law abiding citizens alone!

Still strange that you get 2 punishments for 1 crime though, points for how many years??/ and A FINE, where is the justice in that??
    The points are there because of the filthy rich ***** that would simply bomb around at 90 all day without a care in the world.
    Last edited by Birchy63; 7th December 2009 at 15:38.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

So with the police making all this money with speeding fines, minimum of 1000 speeders caught daily, where is all this money going??
    It depends on if the constabulary are participating in a safety camera partnership and if the speeding offence was part of a campaign operation

If so, then the money is ringfenced and goes straight to the safety partnership
    This then pays for more speed reduction measures, such as speed camera operation, traffic calming measures, public presentations, etc

If not, then the money goes to central goverment
    However the court can split the fine compensation order so that the police and court costs are also covered

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My sister got caught doing 40 in a 30 (it was a country road and she just assumed it was 40) and the copper zapped her, he came over and she was talking and he told her straight that they origionally set up the ANPR system in that spot but realised so many people were speeding it was a great new spot for their figures....fair enough, but what about genuine people who didn't realise this was actually a 30 she said......well your're bound to get some casualties from this aren't you!!!

Its not even a dangerous road or with any problems such as bad corners etc, so they blatantly go for places where they just know the figures will be higher, its not about actually making roads safer!!!

I'm sure the stats show that accident figures haven't been reduced with seed cameras?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information