Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default information centre console playing up

The centre console information panel on my 03 3.2 elite is playing up.When i push the right hand side stalk rocker switch to move the cursor up and down, to choose between the diffrent functions (mpg, distance left in tank,etc.etc.), it goes blank for a few seconds, then switches back on.The fault is intermittent, but is lately getting bad. Im pretty sure it's the right hand side rocker switch thats palying up, but id love to hearfrom someone who may of had the same problem.I tried lubricating the switch with some wd40, but no diffrence really. If the switch is faulty, does anyone know how to get it out? Does the long stalk need to be unscrewed or something, i cant figure out how it is removed. Thanks.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well, it's getting worse.Whenever i touch the info console switch on the end of the wiper stalk, it just stuters and crashes.Comes back on in around 30 seconds, but the info console is pretty much unusable. Also crashes the climate control.Im pretty sure i can get the wiper stalk out, but it seems the little rubber thing on the stalk is stuck on, should this just pull off? Seems like it's glued on. Any help or info on removing the stalk greatly recieved, im not dead sure how to get it out. Hopefully a clean up of the contacts will fix it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

just pulls out I think mate .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

OK, so off i goes to the local stealer, and orders me a nice new wash wiper/info computer stalk, of course, thinking the stalks worn and thats the problem. I get the new stalk today, put it in. It's now not swithcing the info console/climate control on and off like before, but everytime i push the end rocker switch to change the info console selection, the thing does the same thing, and the info console switches off and on again. No fuctions can be acessed by moving the rocker switch left and right, it just makes the info console switch on and off again over about 10 seconds, it then reeboots.Could it be those four little switches inside the socket the stalk goes into, and if so does anyone know if that piece can be obtained seperatly. I miss my info console telling me how many miles to the gallon im not getting, because i cannnot change the functions on it, i really need some help here , im not much of a mechanic/ electrician, any help really appreciated, i dont want to get it wrong again and spend on another part which does not fix the problem .

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Has anyone else had this happen? A new wiper stalk has been fitted, but the rocker switch, every time i use it to try to change the computer settings, it just goes blank for a few seconds, and restarts, the computer display will not change, (im trying to change it from range left in tank to MPG display). Still have not managed to fix it. Might it work to disconnect the battery for 10 mins or so? Any help please, it's been like this a a couple of weeks and i have not a clue how to fix it. Cost me lump for the new wiper/computer stalk, so i dont want to muck up buying the wrong thing again. If you might have an explanation, please post, i would really appreciate any info to help me fix it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Bmw 330d

Trim : Msport

Engine : 3.0d

Year : 2008

have you tried disconnecting the battery for 15-20mins let all the ecu's reset?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

No i have not. Maybe ill try that tomorrow and i will post if it works. I was under the impression the wiper stalk / computer rocker switch was just a pull out/plug in swop out. Although i guess i may be wrong, i need to disconnect that battery and see what happens maybe.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to bump this after such a long time, i STILL cannot get the switch on the end of the new wiper stalk to change the computer functions, its stuck on Miles left in tank, i want to change the display to read how many miles to the gallon.Everytime i try to toggle thee switch on the end of the wiper stalk to make the computer change function it crashes the centre console screen and it shut down the climate control, then starts up again, but still on the miles left in tank function. The rocker switch just causes the info panel to switch on and off quickly.Bear in mind, the wiper switch is brand new from a vauxhall deler, and has the same letter designation (DL if i recall correctly) Can anyone please tell me a solution to get this switch working again, i miss knowing how many miles im not getting to the gallon on my 3.2.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi mate i think you are having the exact same problem as me which I haven't fixed yet, have you got it fixed yet as it is annoying the hell out of me check this thread i joined as guy had same problem my car is alsi a 3.2 03plate signum. Cheers.http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showth...t=86568&page=7

Thread Information