Thread: Bsr & eds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Bsr & eds

Hi - would I be right in thinking that both BSR & EDS tuning products for the 1.9CDTi (150) are essentially the same thing? OK, the power / torque might be slightly different but the systems are doing the same thing in the same way and appear to be the two that get the thumbs up?

I've been tempted to get my 2008 SRi remapped for a while now and think these two are the best option and pretty much the same price. The only other thing that's crossed my mind is the fact that my car is only 19 months old and am a little unsure if its wise to do this on a newer car ... if that makes sense?

I don't actually do a great deal of mileage, maybe 5-6k a year but find the Vectra a little harsh at times, nothing low down, then a surge forward briefly and then nothing again. Just seems a little crude how the power is delivered. Maybe if it drove a little better I'd be tempted to keep it for a lot longer.

Thanks - J.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP1

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Mileage : 66000

What rpm does you power kick in at...?

Judging from your description, your engine may have some issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Think the handbook quotes that the all the torque for the CDTi 150 is between 2000-2750rpm - so its a really narrow window. Never had a diesel before and the power delivery is very different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by julian924s View Post
    ...find the Vectra a little harsh at times, nothing low down, then a surge forward briefly and then nothing again...
    Mine feels the same

...torque for the CDTi 150 is between 2000-2750rpm
    I think about 1800 to 3000 mine feels like it's just been given a kick up the ar*e and then nothing, This is how turbo's are as far as I was aware.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well from what I have read both the EDS & BSR remaps not only provide an increase in BHP and torque but also make it a much smoother spread of power. And I might be right in thinking that a lot of these maps on ECU's for cars today are quite conservative - as they may be for many different markets and need to meet various regulations. So these new maps really get the best out of the car without compromising the engine / clutch etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Grand Sport

Trim : SRI VX-LINE NAV

Engine : 1.5T (165)

Year : 2018

Mileage : 37000

Well from what I have read both the EDS & BSR remaps not only provide an increase in BHP and torque but also make it a much smoother spread of power. And I might be right in thinking that a lot of these maps on ECU's for cars today are quite conservative - as they may be for many different markets and need to meet various regulations. So these new maps really get the best out of the car without compromising the engine / clutch etc.
    Lots have said that the power delivery on the 1.9CDTI is a bit on the brutal side, and the BSR remap certainly smoothes that out. On petrols like my 2.0T it makes it super smooth and responsive at the same time.

Reputable tuners like BSR and EDS always quote conservative figures, so that they will always be met or exceeded, providing that the car being remapped hasn't any underlying issue or problem. It also prevents misunderstandings, disappointment and complaints.

Thread Information