Thread: Probelms with car so far..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Probelms with car so far..

If the car worked properly I would be very happy with it, but the quality so far has let it down big time. It's a 2.0 diesel Elite with satnav, Bluetooth, 220V power socket, vxr styling kit and flexride.

Problems so far:

1. Putting the car into first and it will sometimes end up in reverse! The first time it happened in scared me. Currently with dealer, second attempt to fix it after replacing some parts.

2. 220V power socket didn't work from new. Dealer attempted to fix, but couldn't get the part. Returned the car and waited for the new part, but didn't tell me that the part they removed also 'somehow' controlled the USB interface (not sure I believe this). But it meant I was without the USB interface for a couple of weeks.

3. Mirror tilts when reversing but often doesn't return to the correct position (close but not right). Currently on the fourth attempt to fix this problem. (Now they are changing the seat memory module. see 4)

4. Heated driver’s seat turns itself off. Dealer ordered parts and then decided it was actually the seat memory module at fault. Part now on order, but apparently this is also causing the mirror problem. Not sure if I believe this or not.

5. Heated rear windscreen has stopped working. Awaiting return of car to see if this is fixed.

6. Many, many creaks and noises in the dash. New mirror surround and glove box. Plus a few other fixes and this seems to be fixed.

7. Warning sounds that don't cancel. i.e. reversing sensors and seat belt warning have continued even when you put the seat belt on or drive away. Can't repeat this too often, so dealer can't find the problem.

8. Various warnings such as airbag and water in fuel. The water in fuel warning happens if the car is close to stalling, i.e. leave it fourth at low revs.

Plus a couple of design issues, not faults but badly designed:

1. What's the point of auto folding mirrors that you have to 'manually!' unfold. Every other car I've had with this feature would unfold the mirrors when the car is opened or started.

2. Driver’s seat moving back when opening the driver’s door. Great idea, but an option for it return to normal position when closing the driver’s door would save you having to press a button.

The dealers haven't been great either. I had to complain to the lease company and Vauxhall direct (we have a large fleet so have a dedicated fleet rep) before they would do anything about the many problems.

They are falling over backwards now to fix the car, but I'm currently on my fourth hire car (paid for by Vauxhall warranty). They have given me nearly every model of insignia in the range from an Exclusive to the current car which is an Elite. What this has shown me though is that I like my own car when it works. The SRI didn't suit me at all, much too firm a ride. The SE was ok but not great and the current Elite is very noisy as it has 19' alloys fitted. The Exclusive was probably the best of the bunch as it did what it was suppose to without causing any problems. I was unsure about flexride when I ordered the car, but I'm glad I did now. The car handles much better with it and it also makes the steering much lighter.

Should hopefully get my car back at the end of the month, but for reason don't think I'll get everything fixed. Let’s hope!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Wow that's quite a list of problems! Nothing more frustrating than your new Elite not playing ball....

I've seen the reverse/first issue mentioned before, seems like it may be a big problem for them. I'm just hoping the Ampera has less problems, as i intend to get one at launch

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sorry to hear you too have had issues, we may have exchanged views previously in other threads.

You may well know know that I used to have a Insignia myself, well 2 actually before I moved to a BM.

The creaking dash noise can be a major annoyance and can be quite difficult to cure, my second Insignia suffered very bad creaks in the dash and centre gearbox consoles. I had the 19" wheels too, and you're right they seemed very noisy on the road, not a good ride at all.

Interesting reading your comments about the problems you experienced with your gearbox, I had numerious issues my my Insignia which is why it had to go, in fact I sold it back to VX. The final straw was the DMF rattling, and finally the gearbox started to play up, Often could'nt get first gear, and it would go into reverse gear without even lifting up the reverse lockout catch, you would think you were in first and the thing started to reverse when you let the clutch out.
    Dealer looked at it, and it was slightly better but still not right and clutch still rattled, and then it became almost impossible to select half the gears. Dealer said it need a replacement DMF and a new gearbox. That was the final straw and with the threats of court action etc. VX agreed to buy it back, but I still lost 2K on the car from the price I paid, but TBH 2k was a small price to pay to get rid of it.

Many owners have been much more fortunate and have generally been pleased with their cars with the to be expected odd exceptions. This was the first lemon I've ever bought, the previous 4 new VX cars were trouble free but sadly this last new one was a complete dog.
    Everyone runs out of patience eventually, but no joking, this car really tested mine to the limit, it still had under 4K miles when it went back.
    At least I can sleep at night now!, and the wife's much happier, and at my age 'you have to keep the wife happy' lol.

From Bicknells Ltd or more likely Baylis Ltd I assume.
    Last edited by 67688c; 23rd November 2009 at 23:25.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unfortunatley it's a company car, so can't return it.

And strangely enough the dealer is indeed Baylis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stevea1234 View Post
    Unfortunatley it's a company car, so can't return it.

And strangely enough the dealer is indeed Baylis.

My first one which was passed to a employee came from Bicknells before they went bust of course, and that was reasonably okay until very recently when the DMF failed drastically and was un-drivable, it was off the road for 5 weeks awaiting the parts and then to be fitted. Thats was handled by Wall Ltd, Kingswinford. AFAIK its running okay again now, from what I can gather VX had a batch of bad DMF units, and have now changed supplier at least thats what I read.

My last one was from Baylis Hereford, and TBH even being kind... I cannot think of one good thing to say about them, 3 months from new I still had issues outstanding which had been on the car from day-1, and still had not been done when it finally went back to VX.
    As stated, I'm glad its gone! I can say, I have never in all my years of motoring had to shout and make myself so unpopular or MR Nasty if you like, just to get even simple things done, and even when they finally got allegedly fixed they were not done right. Useless! Just did'nt seem to have a clue what they were doing. What compounds the problem is the fact it would take so long to obtain spares, though hopefully that may have since improved.
    Last edited by 67688c; 24th November 2009 at 00:06.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The wait for parts hasn't improved at all. The parts for the gear box were ordered over a week ago, yet they won't get them to the end of the month.

What I didn't list in the post above was that the car also had a visit to the body shop while being repaired. Apparently someone reversed into it while they had it. Accidents happen, and I nearly laughed when they told me .

Luckily (I guess!!) it's not my personal car and I currently have a hire car that's not that different to mine. Still the inconvience and hassle I could do without.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by stevea1234 View Post
    The wait for parts hasn't improved at all. The parts for the gear box were ordered over a week ago, yet they won't get them to the end of the month.

What I didn't list in the post above was that the car also had a visit to the body shop while being repaired. Apparently someone reversed into it while they had it. Accidents happen, and I nearly laughed when they told me .

Luckily (I guess!!) it's not my personal car and I currently have a hire car that's not that different to mine. Still the inconvience and hassle I could do without.
    Not sounding good at all, imagine how you would feel if it had been your own personal car and the money that paid for it came from your own bank account. In my case I remember being so excited initially, when I ordered the car I could'nt wait to get it, shame it was so short lived.

AAMOI matey, what's the longest period you have had a VX courtesy car for. The reason I ask, is that my son who now runs our business was told by T Wall the Vx dealer in Kingswinford that VX will only pay for a courtesy car for upto 3 weeks, we had to pay for over a weeks hire ourselves, VX refused to pay after 3 weeks.
    Anyone else come across this.?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've had a hire car for more than 3 weeks in total from Enterprise. Initially the dealer gave me a courtesy car, 1.3 Corsa. But I asked them to replace it as it wasn't a practical or suitable replacement for mine.

I can't see them doing a lot about the hire car for me as we are a fairly large fleet customer and they stand to lose business if this isn't resolved.

Thread Information