Quote Originally Posted by si_sri View Post
Hi all, been reading all the info, many thanks for the technical gossip.
talking of economy, |I took the car for a whirl, family an all this afternoon trundled about, did 20 miles and it returned aroung 50mpg!.....
I changed the oil & filters a few weeks ago and did the air filter box mod. so at present I am really pleased with the economy side....
Performance wise I am also happy, having previosly owned a 1.8VVti veccy, its miles better. My car previous to that was a Mondeo Zetec s 2.0 tdci 130 this had some guts but I ran out of patience when it had been giving the old blue smoke etc.....
I think I will leave the inlet manifold a while longer.....before commiting to it.
all in all I have had this (56 plate 1.9 CDti Veccy Sri Nav Estate) for a month and I love the handling (very comparable to mondeo i had) but has major amounts of space (useful for work / the odd camping trip etc)
I managed to get the DMf clutch etc changed under warranty and thats made it dead quiet compared to what it was when I first picked the car up......i am hoping to replace the Cam belt & water pump in the forthcoming months. Will keep you posted on that progress.
Let me know over the price for cambelt and water pump mate? Mine wont need doing until 2011/12 but im going to do it at 6yrs or 60,000.

I know VX say 6yrs or 90,000 but personally i think that's a load of crap!