User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: The car people

  1. #1
    Regular Member Adz86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default The car people

    Anybody here dealt with these before? Having to pop duwn today to see about downsizing from my vec

    after having such a fun day in it yesterday aswell

  2. #2
    Regular Member tramman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Selby, North Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    At one time heard nothing but bad news about them (a few years back now), an ex girlfriend bought a Pug 206 from the one at Birstall only to have an insurance loss adjuster call around to inspect the car after it had apparently been sideswiped. When she went back to the Car People, they knew of the incident but didn't have any legal obligation to advise of it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member krzyzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Cheadle
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : 1.9 cdti 150

    Trim : Sri


    Year : 2004

    Default

    I bought my Vec there (Wakefield) three years ago. Must say great service, the salesman was a nice bloke, offered a big discount as well.

    The car was as described, FSH and I did not have any problems with it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Wilco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Location : Rochdale
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Yeah mate had 3 cars off them, you'll be fine if you go to either Wakefield or Sheffield, avoid the manchester site at all costs the service there is shocking in comparison

  5. #5
    Regular Member Adz86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tramman View Post
    At one time heard nothing but bad news about them (a few years back now), an ex girlfriend bought a Pug 206 from the one at Birstall only to have an insurance loss adjuster call around to inspect the car after it had apparently been sideswiped. When she went back to the Car People, they knew of the incident but didn't have any legal obligation to advise of it.

    Isn't that carcraft at birstall?? Trust me though I'd know to avoid them like the plague!! They once tried selling me a year old fiesta with 20k miles for more than they were brand new!! And that was before the finance was added on top!!

    Cheers for replies fellas, will add to this after I go today

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    sheffield
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    hi,wait till end of month, all car sales give more discount near the end of mouth ,to hit there targets. don,t buy a grey import- worth less than a uk registered car. plus give car a good check over-even new. i was a car transporter driver, and the new one,s get damaged in transit - have i got some story,s.....

  7. #7
    Regular Member tramman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Selby, North Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adz86 View Post
    Isn't that carcraft at birstall?? Trust me though I'd know to avoid them like the plague!! They once tried selling me a year old fiesta with 20k miles for more than they were brand new!! And that was before the finance was added on top!!

    Cheers for replies fellas, will add to this after I go today
    It is, sorry head still recovering from last night .

    Realised what i'd done about 30 secs before you posted.


  8. #8
    Regular Member Adz86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by tramman View Post
    It is, sorry head still recovering from last night .

    Realised what i'd done about 30 secs before you posted.

    Haha no worries mate I can forgive a hangover!

  9. #9
    Full Member watchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

    Vehicle : Signum

    Trim : Design

    Engine : Z28NET

    Year : 2007

    Mileage : 75000

    Default

    Bought my Signum there earlier this year.
    Below book price, 9000 miles.
    They were great, friendly, helpful first time - when i agreed to buy.
    When I went to pick it up and pay, the woman had a terrible attitude.
    like she didn't give a toss.
    But I love the car, no problems so far.
    2007 Signum Design 2.8T
    Teapot TUNED
    Powerfold mirrors, Eibachs & Bilstein B4s, Roof rails

  10. #10
    Regular Member RobW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tain - Easter Ross
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats





    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cranny 27 View Post
    hi,wait till end of month, all car sales give more discount near the end of mouth ,to hit there targets. don,t buy a grey import- worth less than a uk registered car. plus give car a good check over-even new. i was a car transporter driver, and the new one,s get damaged in transit - have i got some story,s.....
    Yip, wait until the end of the month and play hardball when you get in.

    If you are going for monthly, whatever figure he says, tell him its too much. Month end is when you will get a spanking deal, so long as you can play the salesman at his own game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hello People....
    By Brian150 in forum Introduce yourself.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd April 2012, 07:39
  2. One for the I.T. people again!
    By cont1204 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th August 2011, 16:41
  3. What is it with people!
    By Robbie69 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 2nd February 2009, 22:15
  4. hello people
    By stuee in forum Introduce yourself.
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 6th October 2008, 18:14
  5. some people need help
    By chrisgettings in forum The 'Off Topic' room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 25th September 2008, 10:48

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •