User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vectra-C Members

spoons

Default Vectra-C Members

Thought I would get my tuppence worth in, on the thread that was CLOSED (just before I finished typing).... Admin, please feel free to delete this (no offence taken), I just wanted people to know what I thought....

Everyone..... Dont let him wind you up.... seriously, if N***** claims to have visited the Vectra-C stand, he didnt have much confidence to introduce himself to anyone, so he cant have that much to talk about.

I'm sure we would have made him welcome. His neons could've dried out the mud in the middle..

We all had a great time, and a lot of knowledge was shared around. Vectra-C club is something we should all be proud of because of the members and their cars, to whatever stage of modification.

PLEASE ONLY POST POSITIVE SUPPORT IN REPLY

"Where the WIFE tells me", but mainly in the DOG HOUSE....
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well said mate, totally agree, would of been a pleasure to have met him..

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by spoons
    Thought I would get my tuppence worth in, on the thread that was CLOSED (just before I finished typing).... Admin, please feel free to delete this (no offence taken), I just wanted people to know what I thought....
    Lol, sorry about that m8.
    Cant see a reason why this would go so long as it remains friendly.

Everyone..... Dont let him wind you up.... seriously, if N***** claims to have visited the Vectra-C stand, he didnt have much confidence to introduce himself to anyone, so he cant have that much to talk about.
    It is always great to meet any member, I would like to believe we would all have benefited from as introduction.

PLEASE ONLY POST POSITIVE SUPPORT IN REPLY
    Absolutely, I'm afraid that threads have to close if they deteriorate to the point the last one did. A personal attack/insult aimed at any member will not be tolerated no matter who they are or what they may have said/done to offend.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well said spoons

We didnt have a car on the stand and were made more than welcome even though we never got round everyone but this was due to my wife being 7 months pregnant and the 30 degrees heat

This was my first major show, i may be a little biased but the vec-c stand was the best one on view. All cars on the stand were immaculate and a real credit to their owners, every car was modified tastefully and to a very high standard

On another note, i have had my eyes opened to how much effort it takes to get the cars in tip top shape for the day when i arrived at the hotel,andy, ian and robbie were busy polishing away and micky and andy were away at a jetwash speaking to the foreigners next year i am definatly going to be putting my car on the stand

So WELL done everyone, you ALL have a great deal to be proud off

P.S Well done to all the admin team for the organisation and to the michelinn star chefs

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

All I can add is that Nutron did appear at the back of the stand near the BBQ's when I was giving Phil a hand with the cooking. He didn't say who he was, just asked whereabouts Alex (AJA) was as he had apparently been waiting by his car for a while. Alex came over from the gazebo behind the BBQ and Nutron introduced himself as " I'm the man with the neons that everyone hate's, Nutron" which was a bit of a conversation stopper. Alex said hello and assured him that nobody hated him, whether or not they liked neon light kits. Nutron then milled around for a few seconds and then walked off round the back of the TV stand without appearing to say anything else to anyone.

I, along with many others I suspect, would have only been too happy to have a chat with him, especially if his approach had been a little less provocative and feel that it is he who has lost out on being a part of a truly excellent club. Every car on the stand was worthy of it's place, some being subtly modified, and some having been more expensively and extensively reworked. Mine has only benefitted from wheels, spoiler, grille and some TLC but I am proud of it and suits the way I like to mod my cars.

At the end of the day, if you do read this thread Nutron, you could maybe take time to reflect on the pride all of the members have in both the club and their own cars and that your dismissive comments have really agitated a lot of people. Perhaps a suitable apology may earn a clean slate, some respect, and the chance to appreciate what a lot of people see in the club.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

Well said Richard.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Fair comments everyone, maybe my comments earlier were a bit out of order. But no more than his.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its a shame he felt he couldn't talk to more of us. He'd have been made welcome.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I suggest we leave this for now. The thread can stay open on the basis that the next reply is from Nutron, which gives him the opportunity to clear the air.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by MLC
    I suggest we leave this for now. The thread can stay open on the basis that the next reply is from Nutron, which gives him the opportunity to clear the air.
    Sorry for jumping in here MLC, all I can say is that I'm personally saddened if you feel that you (Nutron) can't join in with the rest of the members here on the site.

I have only attended a few meets locally and one meet outside the North East prior to PVS. I have always been made most welcome by ALL members even if we have had minor disagreements here on the site.

Give yourself a chance to join in and get to know people mate, not everyone may like your personal choice of mods on your car but some will, each to their own and all that.

You are a member of the forum and you are made welcome on here, give a meet a try mate you never know you may meet some new friends and enjoy yourself.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information