Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Engine Cutting Out

I've seen several queries on this type of problem but I've had my car into a local garage several times, I've paid for a new accelerator pedal (and sensor - diagnostic states Throttle Position Sensor), and had the inlet manifold and Egr cleaned out (covered in soot) but it keeps packing up. The problem appears to be heat related, I can drive all week on short journeys with no problem. I do a 50mile trip every Friday and it breaks down, I leave it standing for the weekend and it drives with no problems coming back on a Monday. The problem appears to occur when I'm in slow moving traffic or when there's a long period of travelling less than 45mph(ish), at 70mph no problems. The eml light will come on and total loss of power, turn off the ignition and then restart and it fires up no problem. this weekend I was slowing for a bend the eml light came on, drove round the bend and sped up, the eml light went off. its a 54plate 2.0DTi

any help greatly appreciated.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Any news on this issue mate - mines doing the same - stealer thinks it might be a replacement ecu job!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Facelift Insignia/Corsa D

Trim : LE/VXR

Engine : 2.0 cdti/1.6 Turbo

Year : 13/07

Quote Originally Posted by FlaminDTi View Post
    I've seen several queries on this type of problem but I've had my car into a local garage several times, I've paid for a new accelerator pedal (and sensor - diagnostic states Throttle Position Sensor), and had the inlet manifold and Egr cleaned out (covered in soot) but it keeps packing up. The problem appears to be heat related, I can drive all week on short journeys with no problem. I do a 50mile trip every Friday and it breaks down, I leave it standing for the weekend and it drives with no problems coming back on a Monday. The problem appears to occur when I'm in slow moving traffic or when there's a long period of travelling less than 45mph(ish), at 70mph no problems. The eml light will come on and total loss of power, turn off the ignition and then restart and it fires up no problem. this weekend I was slowing for a bend the eml light came on, drove round the bend and sped up, the eml light went off. its a 54plate 2.0DTi

any help greatly appreciated.
    Have you checked all of the boost pipes/vacuum pipes for splits? Also try cleaning the boost sensor

Thread Information