Thread: A thanks from me

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default A thanks from me

I know Duncan and Graeme took the opportunity to stay another night last night so wont really have had the chance to log onto the site. Duncan and Myself said a few thankyou’s yesterday but it doesn’t hurt to say them again.

With so many people helping out on the day and getting stuck in, its extremely hard to name so many individuals. Things were popping up all over the stand in what must have looked like a well executed battle plan. From the Parking marshalls having to quickly adapt plans due to the site conditions, to the gazebo team, the flag pole team, the banner, and not forgetting the massively successful BBQ team all coming together and collectively making me proud to be involved with the club.
    I’d like to thank Ian and Mrs Ian for arranging the food, and Robbie and Debbie for getting us out of a big hole by finding the only bread rolls left in Northampton, without these guys, there wouldn’t have been anything to cook on the BBQ! and Jon (JCB) for his layout designs. As I said in my brief speech, a lot of work behind the scenes
    There was also Alex making sure the public had a safe through route our stand, louise who had obviously spent a while making up an information board about the club etc, Cara who sat patiently collecting money for the BBQ, the list goes on and if you were involved in something and ive missed you off, please accept my apologies. As I said, with so many members getting into the spirit and helping out its hard to name everyone.

Looking around the stand at BBQ time, with everyone stood around chatting and mingling, and then comparing that to other clubs, we were the only ones doing that and I think everyone present should be extremely proud of themselves. The communal BBQ is now our trademark and the one guy who has been at the helm since the very first one, Big Phil, deserves a special thanks. Phil has shown 200% commitment to the cause and I for one am eternally grateful for the graft phil puts into each and every BBQ he does for us. Mini Caterman and Martin (dwabo) made brilliant chefs and a special thanks to these guys too.

The members choice was another success I think. Most of the cars on the stand got at least a vote, which shows the standard you guys have achieved. In all competitions though, there always seems to be clear winner who led from the start and in our case it was Louise. She seemed genuinely surprised to be voted for by all the majority of members, but if she could stand back and see herself putting all the effort into her car and how much she obviously treasures it, im sure she’d see why you guys voted for her. Lousie then went on to represent us in the best of PVS competition and although I know we are all slightly (ok…. Heavily) biased, Im sure everyone was of the opinion she was up there with best.
    The runner up prize was neck and neck between Phil and Payney, right up to the last entry form, which put Phil a single vote ahead. Maybe next year Nick? I would hate to think of the task any judges would have had if we hadn’t gone the ‘members choice’ route. But as I said, nearly everyone ( except me lol) got at least a vote, such was the standard.

The only downside was the club making a loss of around £30 due to people ordering food and not turning up but we are going to work out exactly what went wrong and correct it for next time.

The next major show for us is Trax which I am going to start putting together very soon once I get my house move out of the way this week and I get my internet connection back. There is Billing Next month, but as we don’t have an official stand, the arrangements are pretty informal, but I’ll start that straight away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well done to all involved.... sorry I missed it. And I'm gonna be missing Billing as I'm working, and probably Trax too. (Thats the disadvantage of being the shift sprog, everyone else has already booked all their leave for the year and I get to pick through the scraps!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Big round of applause to Andy and the rest of the admin team for putting the club and the events together...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well done the Admin team, nice to meet you Andy.

Following you from the hotel to the Pod i must say that the VXR spolier sets off the rear end a treat! Very shiney indeed, put my filthy motor to shame! You know, pictures dont do you car justice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia

Trim : SE

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2011

it was a day to remember great weather loads of great looking cars not much in the way of trade stands but still the strip made the day i couldn't pull the kid away. will def do next year.

im sorry i dint get chance to get down for the food bumped into a few freinds and lost track of wot we were doing andy ill deposit a few pounds into the donation funds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

a big thank you to everybody involved it was a great day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

hear hear - well done to all and thanks to Admin without who, none of it would have happened in the first place!!!

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not long back so I can add my tuppence!

Well, I can't really add much to what Andy has said - and what I said myself in my 'speech' on the stand - except to echo everything that Andy said and thanks everyone who made the day what it was.

Some people may not think they did much towards the day and feel a bit 'guilty'. Not so. You turned up at the show and gave us your support. That in itself was enough and you did your part!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the thank you, both on the day and in this thread. Everyone who displayed on the stand contibuted to making it an absolute corker. Big Phil and his team of mega chefs, Cara (Mrs Gsi) for all the little things she did through the day, Louise (Mrs D) and Chris (Drinky) and the "brats" for the 1st birthday balloons and flag and pole, Alex and Neil (AJA & Spikey) for such a great job organising the cars, Mark (GSi 3.2) for never stopping helping throughout the day. Duncan and Graeme for the great gift to Larissa (and if you didnt have a small lump in your throat youre not human lol!) and welcomming everyone to the stand. Duncan and Bainie and Banies wife for getting the clothing there for thr day. And of course Andy for the effort and vision of keeping the whole lot going together. And dont forget everyone who i spoke to who made me so relaxed.

The "spirit" of Vectra-C.com I feel is best represented by Mark, (GSi 3.2) who sorted Duncans, brakes, fitted Johns (CDTi) irmy exhausts, fitted with Paul (vectra 2.0t) Dwabos signum fog surrounds and Nicks (Payney) chrome door pins. The guys never stopped and the loan of some his tools was much appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You summed up the whole spirit of Vectra-c.com nicely there mate, the friendliness and helpfulness of the members at the show and on the site, it's what this place is all about for my money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information