User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: off to the stealers(not my money though HA)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default off to the stealers(not my money though HA)

i recently got myself a 1.8 02 ls vectra in moonland grey i think it called and am loving it so much more power than my 900cc previous effort, it a nice low milage with about 60k on it now about 59 when i purchased it milage checks out as genuine as far as i can tell along with general condition of the car is quite good, it got a few problems though, it is a car after all and they just love todo that emissions light in and did pedal test and it comes up as low votlage to 02 sensor and slow respone to 02 sensor as well so am guessing that is kaput but that shouldn't be to bad, the driver side window button very opposed to working till had a good few jabs, the reciculate button doesn't seem to work for my heater, or bulb gone at least. it has a werid flat spot/judder/surge when cold which is quite annoying goes once warmed up though, it runs a bit cold since most of my way to work done dual carriage way that free flowing temp guage takes ages to get to 80 and rarely goes above that and soon as it wet or really cold will barly move at all. apart from a few creaks and groans sometimes over speed bumps. couple other minor problems but nothing that i can think of at the moment nothing bother me that much apart from judder and emissions light so it going in for a full once over at local vaux dealer and hopefully get a full report from them then can go up to garage that i got it from to get stuff done under warrenty they gave with it only 6 weeks and only info was any probs bring it back we will sort it, am just wondering what you think i will get away with getting garage i got her from to fix or can i get all faults even minor ones like dodgy recirc button fixed as they did not inform me of any of these?

sorry for long post and am going to have fun at vaux garage if they dont notice a sutle but hilarious problem the passanger side leccy window buttons etc is upside down hehe will ask for a free recheck by the forman as i have no faith in the work done by first guy thanks for any help

edit: it did get a new mot when bough nothing on advisiory for that and a new wiper motor since that was playing silly ******s. For work done do i have to let garage i bough it from do the work or can i insisit on being done by vauxhall or genuine parts most be used etc?
    Last edited by Jebus; 5th November 2009 at 01:17. Reason: forgot to say

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I think that you need to let garage have first option in rectifying faults, after all who is going to pay the Vauxhall dealers bill?? you will, then you will have a job getting money back from garage you bought car from.
    If they cannot fix issues then they will need to send it to VX at there cost,if then not resolved ask for your money back!!

IMHO

Cheers Ian

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2t

Trim : standard

Engine : z20net

Year : 08

Mileage : 32000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well was an interesting visit a few things flagged up, brake lines are corroded whole exhaust system corroded but no leaks apart from they suspset the flexi which might be confusung the o2 sensor, no light on this morning though on the way in and they cleared the codes and nothing come back yet so maybe just car getting used to being used again it only did 2k in a year and about 5 in the previous 2 years and i done nearly a thousand in under a month. am unhappy though they asked for more time for hunting down the cause of the codes got told nothing about what they did or didnt find just codes checked and cleared and customer to monitor. the cant measure tread depth say my tires all 2mm it less that 1k from mot and they not even got to wear indicators yet. missed upside down switch unit on passanger side door, missed non working recuriulate button and dash lights not being on all the time, it did used to do this am sure but not 100% but pretty sure i remember liking the dim control and messing about with it by having them set really dim when lights on, sad i know but it cool to watch everything change last car didnt have anything at all to play with lol

all in am not really that happy with my experience, a far cry from ford dearler around corner i delt with about my puma that had for 2 weeks bought at auction sent for check turned out to be nailed, but service manager discussed a lot of things with me etc made me feel valued as a customer at least.
    sorry for long and annoying post dont often need to ask on forums normally find info i looking for, but what you think i should do with them, am going to go garage i bought it from to try and get couple things on the list from vauxhall done, like fuel filter brake lines and exhaust as they not cheap todo. but am unhappy and was to tired and cold to kick up a fuss at the time

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The way I'm reading it is that you took the car to VX first ,is that correct?? and now your taking car back to garage you bought it from!!

In my opinion big mistake, you should have done it as I explained in my first post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Running cold? 1.8s should run at 85/90 all the time no matter what the outside temperature is, if not grab a new thermostat, dead easy to fit. Cold running engines use more fuel than one running at correct temp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 2t

Trim : standard

Engine : z20net

Year : 08

Mileage : 32000

Is the temperature issue the same for a 2 Turbo,SRI?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The garage i bought it from 65 miles away from home. To far to go and leave it with and wanted a independant view on it for any work it might need

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

For 2.2 the book states 82. With 92 for 1.8 and all diesels, but thermostate still a dead easy job on 2.2.

Thread Information