Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default LS Modifications

hello,
    i've recently become the owner of a 2.2 LS as it was a very good deal , low mileage purchased as a family car etc, however truth be told visually its somewhat lacking in appeal i have been considering doing some minor modifications to it with the goal of making it eventually as close to an sri as possible.
    I have a few questions that i'd like to ask and if anyone can answer them id be very grateful.
    Please note my general car "knowledge" is pretty poor so please be gentle!

1) my model doesnt have a centre armrest at all , if i purchase one can it be fitted ? its mainly the fact i have no rear air vents that makes me think no , but clarification would be great

2)if i can get the rear bumper from an sri with the cutout for the exahust pipe would i require an entire exhaust system from an sri or just the rear box ?

3)how difficult is it to fit new handles , would i be better off getting some chrome covers rather than looking to replace the entire handles?

4) chrome window trims , as i understand it the main windows are fairly straight forward clip on etc however how difficult is it to fit the rear quarter window?

N.B. Im looking to add genuine vauxhall parts where possible sourced from breakers yards etc

Thank you for taking the time to read this and any other basic mods that could be suggested that are relatively painless and cheap would always be welcome! ( i have read the suggested mods thread - v useful and gave me some ideas i hadnt thought of.
    all the best,

JRBVectra

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Not to sure on the rest buddy, but replacing standard handles with chrome ones is very easy just one screw and the old ones are off. The full set are about £90-£100 from Vauxhall and I think they really set the car off. I wouldn't bother with the covers go for the full handle.

Cheers
    Howard

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got a 2.2 ls and your right about the looks needing a bit more! lol Mine has got a centre arm rest with the vents at the back! and it also has the sunglasses holder in the light - which I dont know if they were standard on that trim - has youtrs got teh sunglasses holder? if not, and they are the same trim it would suggest that the centre console and vents could be fitted aftermarket - but ike I said tehy were tehre when I bought mine. Mines a 52 plate.

Iteresting to see an answer about the exhaust.

Fitting rear qurter panels and chrome handles are all in teh ow 2 sections - fairly straightforward jobs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

1) my model doesnt have a centre armrest at all , if i purchase one can it be fitted ? its mainly the fact i have no rear air vents that makes me think no , but clarification would be great Yes it will fit but the rear vents wont work but it will look a lot nicer.

2)if i can get the rear bumper from an sri with the cutout for the exahust pipe would i require an entire exhaust system from an sri or just the rear box ? Yes its a straight swap although you'll need a replacement back box from an SRI model to suit.

3)how difficult is it to fit new handles , would i be better off getting some chrome covers rather than looking to replace the entire handles? You'd be better off painiting your existing handles if I was you and would probably be the cheaper option unless you find some colour coded handles to suit.

4) chrome window trims , as i understand it the main windows are fairly straight forward clip on etc however how difficult is it to fit the rear quarter window? They are a straight fit just the rear quarter ones come with the glass attached.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thank you for taking the time to the reply for all those that have done so

@ affirmation mine sadly doesnt have the sunglass holder fitted as the car was previously a police vehicle (CID) hence absolutely no extras whatsoever (not sure they could justify chrome trims to the taxpayer lol but the mileage and price we're too good to turn down.)

@danboy thank you for the detailed answers

@porkballs the chrome covers cost approx £35.00 + p&p so to be honest paying a little more for the proper ones seems to make sense i reckon i'd need to have the chrome window trim otherwise it might look a little off

thanks again for the replies!

EDIT: i have been told by someone selling the chrome window trims that the rear quarter window is bolted rather than bonded in place and therefore pretty easy to fit can anyone confirm this?

Admin & Membership Manager bigmac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : insignia

Trim : irmscher

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2009

Rear windows are bolted on i did a how-to on them HERE
    I have a LS model to and as you can see ive done the chrome windows and chrome mirrors/irmscher stick on handles and it looks ok
    Plus i havent swapped to sri bumpers i just changed my exhaust system and cut out a section and painted rear skirts,side skirts and added a irmscher splitter

PICS OF MY LS

Irmscher Insignia CDTI 130

MOD'S...Irmscher front spoiler, Irmscher mats, Irmscher door pins, Irmscher rear spoiler, Irmscher grille, Irmscher skirt & exhausts,Irmscher Roof spoiler MOD'S TO COME..Side skirts,Wheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

wow your Vectra is pretty much everything i want to do , looks great!

thanks for the link re: the chrome trim fitting ill be sure to follow it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I've got an LS too, done a few mods like SRI front & back lights, clear side repeaters, irmy alu strip grill, debadged "LS" off the sides insignia washers and I've also done similair to bigmac, cut a hole around the black strip on the rear bumper, sawn off the standard 90 degrees tailpipe and put a ripspeed tailpipe on, though bigmac's looks miles better . I'm also looking for SRI front & rear bumpers, got the sideskirts! Hope you enjoy the bidwars
    on eBay

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Silly question. If i get my hands on an SRI rear bumper, can I fit it without changing the exhaust for now, no matter how poop it will look? Or will both need to be done at the same time?

I'm on a budget and work will take place slowly you see:P

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by mickydoos View Post
    Silly question. If i get my hands on an SRI rear bumper, can I fit it without changing the exhaust for now, no matter how poop it will look? Or will both need to be done at the same time?

I'm on a budget and work will take place slowly you see:P
    you sure can mate..i done this with mine months ago still need a exhaust lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information