Thread: sri 150 advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default sri 150 advice

Hi everyone. Ive had some good advice of one guy regarding buying a vectra cdti sri but not sure if i was just replying to him or if everyone could see my question. ( I'm new, and not brill with pc's ) I wanted some advice on buying a vectra cdti sri. have a focus at the min and we dont get on. ive been looking at a few 57 and 08 reg models and have all been at good prices and all had very low mileage, only thing is i really wanted leather seats or 1/2 leather. i know the elite models have leather seats but my understanding is the sri is better one to go for. i also wanted to know if it was worth going for the sri and looking at fitting elite leather seats at a later date, or would this be stupid

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

what do you mean the sri is the better one? i cant talk for any elite owners on here but if your solely (think that spelt right) going on the CDTI 150, then it is the same engine as in a SRI CDTI, so there is not a better one if you like.
    Just a few more add ons that come with the elite. remembering that the elite, sri, club etc are only TRIM standards nothing to do with engines etc etc.

thats to the best of my knowledge anyway, but someone will be along shortly to clarify.

BTW Welcome to the site!

Simo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. OK SO IF I GO FOR A VECTRA ELITE ITS THE SAME 1.9 150 ENGINE AS THE SRI. I THINK I WAS GOING FOR AN SRI (AND THIS MIGHT BE A DAFT REASON) BECAUSE IT LOOKED MORE SPORTY LOOKING THAN THE ELITE,BETTER ALLOYS ETC THE EXTERIOR LOOKED BETTER ON THE SRI TOO,( OR WAS THAT JUST ME) ALSO DOES THE SRI HAVE STIFFER SUSPENSION THAN THE ELITE. I'M NOT REALLY UP ON THE TRIM LEVELS ON VX'S AS IVE ONLY EVER HAD FORDS ( IVE GOT A VX VIVARO VAN BUT THAT DOESN'T COUNT) IVE GOT AN ST 170, I LIKE THE LOOK OF IT AND THE INTERIOR IS NICE LEATHER SEATS AND ALL THAT BUT IVE HAD LOADS OF PROBS WITH IT, SO ITS GOING, PLUS A BABY ON THE WAY HENCE THE NEED FOR A BIGGER CAR. I LOVE THE SHAPE OF VECTRAS AND WAS TOLD THE SRI HAS BETTER HANDLING, I THINK THATS WHAT I MEANT BY BETTER ONE. I GUESS IN A NUTSHELL IM AFTER A NICE SIZE FAMILY CAR WITH SPORTY LOOKS, IS RELIABLE AND IS FUN DOWN THEM WINDY ROADS. SORRY IF THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

it all makes sense mate, people are just drawn to the vectras. i cant speak for any elite owners or cars as ive never driven one only my 150 SRI, if you want to go sporty with a leather interior buy an elite and make the neccesary adjustments to make the car your own, as have most of us on this site. im sure some other guys will be along to share there views,
    and i think your find the only diffrence is SRI is 15mm or so lower than an elite, and its diffrent alloys as you have stated. but shop around and you may find one that you want.

Simo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

my sri goes like its on rails really good in the bend can even hang the a**e out when pushing it and i've fitted full leather from an elite into her so i suppose i kinda got an sri-elite hybrid
    im only my own opinion though i thing the sri is a more purposeful looking car much sportier
    Last edited by cerbrious; 1st November 2009 at 22:41. Reason: language!! sorry thought the swear filter would step in

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Ok cheers. Thats the decision thats doing my head in lol. Do i get an sri and fit elite leather seats or get an elite and find some better looking alloys. Like you say i just need to see what car comes up. Sooner the better, my mrs hates this st 170. Thanks again for your advice

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

its all down to your personel preference really bud, and what could be the cheaper option.
    you could buy the SRI then decide you want more of the features of the elite than just the leather seats. you need to think long and hard as to what you want the car for and what you will eventually want in it. if that makes any sense.

Simo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra C Facelift

Trim : Elite with sports pack

Engine : CDTi 150

Year : 2005

Mileage : 103000

Keep a look out for a Elite with the factory option of 18" wheels as it come with sports suspension (sri)

look in my Garage

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

THATS WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR AN SRI ELITE HYBRID LOL, BEST OF BOTH WORLDS THEN. WHY DIDN'T VX FIT LEATHER SEATS OR AT LEAST HALF LEATHER ON THE SRI MODELS AS STANDARD. SO WAS EASY TO FIT THE SEATS INTO YOUR SRI AND HOW DID YOU GET HOLD OF A SET OF ELITE SEATS. I CANT WAIT NOW TO GET ONE. ITS A BATTLE BETWEEN ME AND THE MRS OF A WEEKEND. I WANNA GO LOOKING AT VECTRAS AND SHE WANTS TO GO SHOPPING FOR THE BABY. (DUE IN 3 WEEKS )

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

fitting seats really easy im only just off j23 and i work in stretton so can help you with that and as for the seats i got them out the elite thats parked about 5 yards away from my sri lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information