Hi All,

I've seen a few subjects on here refering to the "Police spec" on the 2.8 v6's for front brakes, and i kinda didn't pay much attention..... until now.

I needed to change the rear disks and the front pads on my 2007 Elite 2.8 and becuase Vaux were doing a package deal on disk and pad sets, it was ridiculously cheap to get a whole disk and pad set for the front and rear, which i duly fitted a few weekends ago.
Today, while clearing out the garage and doing a few runs to the tip (well, it is a weekend) i noticed on the front pad box, the white Vaux parts box,
the label on it said :

"Z28NET/Z28NEL ausgenommen Polizei (W4G) Z28NET/Z28NEL zusammen Polizei (W4G) ausgenommen Sportfahrewerk (XJ2) Z28NET/Z28NEL ausgenommen Polizei (W4G), OPC (W5B) Sportfahrwerk"

So, have i inadvertently fitted "police spec" brakes? If so, what are the differences? harder pad material?
If there is a difference in pedal feel etc i can't notice it, but i'm pretty light on the brakes anyway, the only thing i have noticed is much less brake dust on the wheels.

Any info would be welcome.

cheers
Ian