Hi all, I'm new on here, "HELLO EVERYONE!" and I have a 1.9CDTI vectra estate 150bhp 2005model.

I have posted this in another link but wanted to update everyone with whats happened and the outcome!!

I broke down last saturday with the wife and 18mnth old in the back. Very scary!! Fast lane doing 70mph with a trail of cars behind me, when all of a sudden a jerk, then vibration, then lost all accelleration and immediately went down to 40mph with no accelleration. NO EML just Spanner and key and no LIMP MODE.

Thought we all were dead!! The cars behind just missed us nearly slamming us from behind!

Was not happy as this fault could have killed us all!

AA came out and dragged us off the motorway. Then the AA mechanic met us at the services and tried to plug in his laptop but it wouldn't read the fault!!!! (Great!!)

Once dragged back home and at the garage they couldn't find a fault. They did change the fuel filter which made it drive ok but was still abit chocky.

I thought to clean the EGR which was rammy!! then I saw it........ the swirl rod had come off but didn;t know how to fix it so took it the garage again. Waitin now for a call!! I only saw last night the how 2 for a £1.!!!!

With regards to the AA breakdown cover, I also have it. The AA recovery man said, "WHACK THE CLAIM IN, YOUV'E GOT THE BREAKDOWN SLIP WHICH SHOWS YOU HAVE BROKEN DOWN"!!!!! Not done this yet as don't exactly know whats wrong with it.

So, maybe its worth pulling onto the motorway on your day off and ringing the AA for the yellow breakdown slip.!!!!!!!!!! lol

This morning I called Vauxhall Head office and logged with them what happened and that I wasnt happy.

The garage that the car was at was an independant and didn't know what was wrong with, they just looked at the engine and scratched their heads!!

Anyways, H.O said take it to the local Vauxhall dealer so I contacted them straight after speaking to H.O.

They have just phoned now and have confirmed that the manifold has gone and needs replacing and the cambelt is to be done at the same time, quoting £1400.00! WOW

Now this is the great part, when I called H.O. they said they couldn't tell me if they would contribute, more than likely they wouldn't as it was out of guarantee......even when I quoted that i'm sure this is an engine fault by vauxhall but only said take it to the garage anyway quoting the ref number they gave me.

So I did!!!

Back to this phone call from the dealers..... Vauxhall are contributing 50% towards the bill. Excellent!!!!

I would just say that it was well worth a rant to H.O who have spoke with the dealers and have come to the arrangement of 50% payment.

Better than nothing!!

I would also like to say that this is an excellent forum for Vectra owners and the advise on here has really helped me.

THANKS EVERYONE