Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Paid In Lieu - Need some Advice

I am finished work from 31st Oct, but i have been paid until 4th Dec, am i correct in saying that i cannot claim JSA until this date, or can i claim from when i leave / last day

Anyone know..... was on hold for 15 mins this morning and cant be bothered phoning the number back !!!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

JSA entitlement starts from the date your paid up until (4th Dec), but does not take into account any bonus/redundancy/etc, unless you have more than £6'000 (check this though) in your accounts in which case your JSA can be affected. So give some money to someone else to look after for a while

But essentially no JSA until the date your paid up to. You should call them and let them know your circumstances though as they do get really ****ty about it later if you don't tell them! I nearly told one chap on the JCP hotline to "go forth and multiply" when he started preaching at me over this very point.
    People at the actual JobCentre's are much much friendlier I have to say.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Cheers mate, i actually thought this and told someone, but they told me it was from the date i leave

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

na the date ya paid up to m8,just think of it as some extra holidays

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah, because while your still being paid your officially still under contract. Inform the JCP as soon as possible, they'll sort out the rest and start your JSA from the correct date.

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You won't be entitled to any monies untill after your pay date but it would be best to register straight away, then all paper work can be sorted out, unless you find another job, which i hope you do.
    If you do happen to have over 6k, then yes, lose it for a while into anothe account you can trust.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

[QUOTE=Birchy63;1083146]JSA entitlement starts from the date your paid up until (4th Dec), but does not take into account any bonus/redundancy/etc, unless you have more than £6'000 (check this though)QUOTE]

You have to have 16 grand + before they means test you to see if your JSA will be affected not 6 grand. I was made redundant in July and its deffo 16 grand because I had to "move" some cash around although in the end they said it wouldnt matter until after 6 months worth of JSA claims because I was only given contributions based JSA as my wife was working at the time after that I would have got next to nowt !! - thats nice considering i have paid into the systems for the last 14 years !

Its correct that you can only claim once your final payments have been paid by your ex employer, make sure you do it on the same day or next day otherwise you have to justify why you havent claimed straight away.

As for claiming be prepared for a good hour or 2 on the phone setting up your claim and get ready with everything you can think of like your wife\partners salary details , pension payments , mortgage details , NI number , bank account details , last 3 payslips for you and your partner (if that applies) basically get ready to tell them everything about yourself and your partner then you get a date for an "interview" with the job centre and you have to go through it all again !!!! its a complete nightmare m8

ironically I did all this then 3 days later signed off because I found a job so it was all for nowt really , hope the same thing happens for you bud , chin up and good luck

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Mazda 3

Trim : Sport

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2004

When I was made redundant in February I got paid a months notice which I didn't have to work and my JSA claim started the day after I finished working not after the months notice! You shouldn't have to wait until when you're paid up to, HTH.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by eashton View Post
    When I was made redundant in February I got paid a months notice which I didn't have to work and my JSA claim started the day after I finished working not after the months notice! You shouldn't have to wait until when you're paid up to, HTH.
    You can do that but its not correct , my mate who got made redundant same time as me did this and just didnt tell them he was "working" his notice and got paid for an extra month jsa compared to me. Officially your still employed by the company even though your sitting at home watchin Trisha waiting to get your final payment , you should only claim from the day your officially made redundant which is usually the end of your notice period , just going off my experience here I may have done it completely wrong though but I'm pretty certain I did it the "legal" way mainly as i didnt want to sign on at all as I was devestated at the thought of it.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Mazda 3

Trim : Sport

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by steveked View Post
    You can do that but its not correct , my mate who got made redundant same time as me did this and just didnt tell them he was "working" his notice and got paid for an extra month jsa compared to me. Officially your still employed by the company even though your sitting at home watchin Trisha waiting to get your final payment , you should only claim from the day your officially made redundant which is usually the end of your notice period , just going off my experience here I may have done it completely wrong though but I'm pretty certain I did it the "legal" way mainly as i didnt want to sign on at all as I was devestated at the thought of it.
    I only did as advised by my job centre by going in and talking to them, so I don't see how what I did can be considered 'illegal' if I only did as advised! By going on JSA straight away your only getting something back for everything you've paid in over the years! No shame to be had, its all caused by things beyond our control!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information