Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Is this the end for my Vectra?

At the end of June I purchased a 54 plate Vectra 2.2 Direct Life, with 29k miles for £3500. An absolute bargain I thought but, as with pretty much everything else, too good to be true.

For the last few weeks I've been getting the dreaded spanner light and the car just dies on me, I coast to the side of the road switch off and after about a minute I'm back on my way again. I took it to my local garage who hooked it up to their diagnostic machine and I was told if was something to do with the fuel something sensor (sorry, total novice under the bonnet) which he replaced but this didn't fix the problem. It's been back at the garage for the past week and I received a call from him this morning and he told me he's had a Vauxhall electrician look at it who told him that a batch of about 30000 vectras have got exactly the same problem. Its all to do with the fuel system and related electronics apparently so what my mechanic has done is replaced the fuel pump but this won't fix it completely. It looks like I'm going to have to say goodbye to it and sell it on.

I'm quite saddened by this because I really like that car, its a total shame but it looks like its going to have to go. The question I've got to ask myself is do I go for another Vectra and spend the 5k like I thought mine should have been in the first place and hope I get one that actually works or do I jump ship completely??

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

The usual fault with these engines is the high pressure fuel pump on the end of the cylinder head and usually the fuel pressure regulator as well, All the ones ive had here at work, that cures the fault. I suggest getting it checked proprely at a dealers before throwing in the towel

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

After a new high pressure fuel pump and fuel regulator the car will be fine. i had mine replaced earlier this year. just make sure the pump is a new one from a dealer, as it will be the newer modified part. i had mine done in April, been fine since.

Thread Information