Thread: what a bargain...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default what a bargain...

Heres a bargain for you…. Get onto Cleanandshiny.co.uk (use your 10% discount too!) and buy yourself a gallen (3.78 litres) of Meguiars Hyperwash. During a recent discussion on detailing world it turned out it was a favourite shampoo of quite a few people. You get a hand pump which dispenses 30ml each press. Its Hyper concentrated so 1 press per bucket is all you need. That’s approximately 125 buckets for less than £20. So if I wash my car every week, that’s shampoo sorted for 2 years lol. Its aparantly the slickest shampoo megs do so no worries that your losing anything in quality, in fact your gaining over the mass market NXT wash and Gold class etc.

While your there, get a gallen of meg ‘Last Touch’. It’s a pure detailer spray but again for less than £20 its far better value than buying a 500ml for £8 each time. Steve used it on my car last weekend and I cant fault it, so I’ve invested in both products.

Ive seen the light and am gradually building up a supply of the Bulk products. Some are exactly the same stuff as the off the shelf products, eg Autoglym vynil rubber cleaner for £5.99 500ml is called ‘supersheen’ for £25 for 5L

I think my point is, when buying a new product, look past the off the shelf products and you may save yourself a fortune and actually buy the same, if not better products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

got a small sample fron johnny when I picked some bits up from him and personally didnt like the Hyperwash...didnt 'sud' as much as NXT and it didnt smell as nice either...love the NXt wash..and it seems to leave a better finish..my bottle of NXT has lasted well over a year for the 1 litre tub..I guess its all down to personal preference isnt it..and what results it has for your colour of car etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Andy is quite right here, in that it works out a lot less in the long run to buy these products. On the other end of the spectrum, one of the approved trader Serious Performance runs a ebay shop. On there, they have a samples section of 2oz products, which I can't help buying and trying different ones. There's nothing worse than spending £10-£15 on a bottle of something, only to be dissapointed. A 2oz sample can easily do a full car and they are only around the £ 2.50 mark.

I've bought so far:
    Poorboys Super Slick n Suds, loved it and bought a full bottle.
    Collinite 456 wax, was Ok, wouldn't buy it.
    Clearkote Red machine Glaze: Not bad
    Megs 7 Showcar glaze: Not bad
    Clearkote Blue Moose cutting cream: Quite good.
    Poorboys Polish + Carnauba: Not bad
    Poorboys Blue Polish + Carnauba: Very good for the wifes blue Megane.
    SP Sealant: Very Good.

Keep em coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hey Scott are these the 2oz samples or are they full size tins?........if full size and you want to move them on then I just might be your man

Bryan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Hi Bryan

Sorry, they were the 2oz samples. All used up now.
    I'm slowly moving over to Chemical Guys products. Their silkshine dressing is twice as good as AG VRC and I trialled some Butter wet wax on my wifes electric blue Megane. Really liked it, went on and off real easy and left a good finish. I'd really recommend it for the Saturn Blue and black finishes that are on the Vec/Sigs.

I'm going to try some on my Star Silver tonight but I'm not expecting miracles. The CG XXXwaxXXX is supposed to be good as well.

Thread Information