Thread: dental crowns :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default dental crowns :(

I am getting some of my front teeth crowned. To say I don't like the dentist is an understatement so I am really dreading this. Apparently I'm having a 1h 30m appointment (!) where they'll shave down the teeth so they can put crowns on. They'll give me temp crowns while the proper ones are made up and I should go back a week or two later to get the proper ones.

Anyone had work like this done? I don't want to end up looking like Dwayne Dibbley!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Feeling for you, I (Jemz) am petrified of them. I will come out of the room in tears from a check up where I've worked myself up so much. I spent probably best part of three years with half a tooth where I went over the handle bars on my bike and rather suffered in pain then have it capped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 07 Estate

not nice mate, 4-king hate dentists wish they still did gas at least you didnt know what was going on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra VXR, VW Tiguan R-line Tech, Vivaro.

Trim : Nav

Engine : Various

Year : 1 A.D

Mileage : Rising

I hate going to the dentist aswell !
    BUT, i had crowns on 2 front teeth when i was younger after falling from a tree and had the work re-done in the last few weeks and all i can say to you is ... it dosn't hurt !
    Modern technology is a wonderful thing !

Just close your eyes, put your seatbelt on and let them get on with it. It'll all be over before you know it !

Have consideration for the deaf, if you're gunna fart, make it smell !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dentists these days are pretty good, and honestly there is nothing to worry about, having crowns fitted anyway is totally painless, you should'nt even need a local painkiller jab to have those done, as there no root work being done. Afterwards you will be wondering what all the fuss was about.

I have 4 crowns fitted myself. Always looked after my teeth hence the reason at 66yrs I've still got all 32 of them, if you count the 4 crowns, two at the front and 2 gold crowns... 1 either side. Quite an achievment for someone of my age.

Take it from me, your own teeth beat false teeth every time! Dentists these days are nothing like they were 50 yrs ago, many people have a in-built fear of dentists and suffer lots of discomfort before they go along to get the problem fixed, which, though understandable...TBH is really silly, best to have a few minutes discomfort than suffer for weeks on end.
    However having crowns fitted is a totally painless procedure. You'll be fine matey!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Don't worry mate a had two big bridges done this week. Four teeth ground down, temp caps for three weeks and now I'm Simon cowell

first session was 2 1/2 hours of drilling and no it didn't hurt.

Second session was 1 1/2 hours.

Only advice is that the temporary caps were VERY sensitive. Nurofen sorted it though.

I didn't go to a dentist for 14 years after a traumatic childhood experience. So I am very nervous. But the 2 1/2 hours flew by!

Good luck ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

thanks guys, I'm feeling a bit better about it now. I too had a bad childhood experience with a dentist. Everything he did hurt. Because of that i didn't go to a dentist for about 10 years and the irn bru took it's toll on my teeth too.

I don't mind the crowns, it seems much better than getting it extracted but I'm just worried about the period with the temporary crowns and having to spend an hour and a half in the dentists chair.

Maybe I should ask for Gold crowns and I can be like Jaws from james bond hehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Something else to remember, I was in the chair for 2 1/2 hours but I reckon he ws drilling for less than an hour. The rest was taking impressions and modelling and making the temporary caps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : vectra c

Trim : sri

Engine : 1800 vvt

Year : 2007

ive just had 9 done at the back over the last 3 months (5 gold and 4 white) spent some serious time in the chair the worst bit for me was the clay stuff the put in your mouth for the impressions you feel like you are going to choke ....... best of luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Had crowns done in past - no problems - just very time consuming and not cheap either! But nothing to be afraid of at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information