Been searching the internet for the answer to this question. Which I hope may help some one else. Eventually bit the bullet and bought the io connect. Hope this thread helps someone else trying to connect an aux connection to cd30 (infrerior stereo) so they can play music from ipod, mp3 or phone.

I have been reading lots of threads and have been trying to figure out how to use ipod with my cd30 fitted in my Vx vectra c 2007 1.9 CDTi Sri.

After lots of reading it appears there is no way to fit an aux connection into the stereo witout alot of problems.

I have just bought and fitted an io connect and sot-122 lead from www.nexxia.co.uk for 60 quid bargain in my opinion.

This is for the info of people trying to connect there ipod or phone to the cd30 so they can play their music. It works a treat so far. The sound is excellent.

Positives - Excellent sound quality, io connect is a 60 watt amp.

Negatives - Can only control volume from device attached, along with music selection. They radio controls are defunct along with the steering controls.

Fitting - Easy enough even for a novice like myself. Hardest part was connecting the ignition fed power supply to the 12v connection next to the ashtray. Took about 1 hour and 30 mins to fit.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Sri CDTi is the dogz.

Cheers.