Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Car and Spanner. Need some advice please

Can you help? Car and spanner light comes on after a few miles at 70 on the dual carrigeway on my 05 2.2 direct. Dealer said I had a miss fire in 4th cylinder and should be ok now but keeps happening. Also the exhaust gas light on the dash comes on from time to time and it won't rev after 5000 revs and always feels sluggish. Could it be the Lambda sensor or a blocked Cat?
    I need some ammo for when I go back to the Dealer. She's done about 25k miles by the way. Cheers. Streaky

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default The Latest

Told yesterday they think it's the fuel pump (Quote: ''The thing that pushes petrol round the engine'' as said by the lad on the service desk!) Of course not one in stock so booked in for fitting on Tuesday. Hopefully this should be the end of a long and frustrating saga. mmmmm.....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Fuel Pump fitted

Had a new fuel pump fitted under warranty. I've done about 200 miles since and all seems to be OK thus far. I must say I'm not impressed by the attitude of the staff at my local Dealers, mind you proably the same story the world over. So here's to many more miles of trouble free motoring!!

Regular Member threelitresofelitesig's Avatar
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Good luck with trying to solve the problem Streaky old chap.

Seriously. It's usually some sensor that's on the exhaust (at least it was on my 1.9 cdti) - first of all they said they hadn't a clue. Sent the code off to Luton's white coated minions... they had no idea either...

Contact Bosch (or whomever makes the parts) ECU manufacturer to see what the problem is "zey don't know" either........

So I waited 2 months (inbetween to-ing and fro-ing and swearing a lot)

Car was still drivable (though it seems yours is a bit different) and had more poke, but fuel economy went down as a result (failsafe mode)

Eventually collared the service manager and lo and behold, as I was there in his office giving him the 4 letter peice of my mind (actually it's pretty vast cos I can swear in different languages!) a crib sheet came in, held by a monkey....!

Was a faulty sensor on the exhaust, that reads pressure differences (something to do with EGR but not the EGR valve itself) so it was underpressuring/overtemping the system or some **** like that...

Got that sorted (apparently it is a retrofit that they don't tell the public about - they will do it normally at a service if your car runs ok)

Amidst all that, there were other problems that the dealer couldn't fix, including having the car 2 days to try and diagnose what the problem was and actually doing nothing, having the car another 2 days to fix some bracket or other on the exhaust only for me to pick the car up because "WE DONT HAVE THE PARTS IN STOCK"....

Before that I owned 2 Renaults (A Megane II and a Laguna II) and even their customer services was as bad....

Are Renault and Vauxhall secretly merging?

BTW: In the end - just before I rid myself of it... I had new glow plugs, new injectors (or injection solenoids) and god knows what else... thing is, they reset the computer so it didn't "spanner" but then I lost the service interval reading

Now I have a 3.0 cdti (not without problems but nothing like this) and yes, the car is great but the dealer is ****.

Let us know what happens, I am very interested here. I even wrote to Luton and GMAC cos I wanted to cancel the deal on the car... nada... Only when I threatened the dealer with SMMT and RMIF action (as well as publicising them in Auto Express's "Watchdog" feature" did they seem to get their **** in gear....!

Thread Information