User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This country really is the pits...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Angry This country really is the pits...

Was watching the One Show this evening and it had a feature about uninsured drivers. Very interesting though I wasn't surprised to hear that we're all paying £30 each year in our insurance premium to pay for the damage that the unlawful cause.

More to the point, they had an interview with a chap who had been knocked off his bike and was left for dead with a broken back, broken ribs, head injuries etc by someone who was uninsured, untaxed and also who had no license. He was given 12 hours to live but survived and is now in a , a paraplegic and in need of 24/7 care.

What did the absolutely quality justice system do to the criminal in this case? Give him a 6 month suspended sentence, 6 points on his driving license and a 6 month driving ban.

Do they not understand HE DOESN'T HAVE A LICENSE AND BANNING HIM WONT STOP HIM FROM DRIVING!!!!

I despair.

What jobs are in demand in Australia?

Oh, and it took the victim 6 years to get his full compensation. There's justice for ya!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If your skilled, I believe Canada is very nice too I have looked into this myself but being diabetic it limits me somewhat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Canada sounds good. I'm a teacher. Wonder if their little cherubs are as out of control as ours?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

get caught, £200 fine, cheaper than a years insurance so good odds.

Get caught, £5000 fine and /or 12 months inside.

nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I find this funny how the common man (us lot) can see how much of a disgrace it is yet the law seems to think it's not that big a deal, much harsher sentances will knock this on the head. Although to be honest insurance companies don't help, when I was 18 I took a 3k loan out for a car and insurance, bought a car for 1200 a 9 year old 1.2 corsa and when the cheapest quote I got was 2500 I must admit the thought of not getting insurance crossed my mind, stupid I know but at the time I was an apprentice on less than 100 quid a week and I was aware the punishment wasn't that great, glad I saw sense though

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

well im 19 now and have been paying 2600 last year on a 1.4 Astra now 3200 odd quid on the vec and am named driver on several other cars...Drivings a privelage everyone knows how much it costs..if you can afford it drive if you cant theres always Taxi service Or if you cant afford that Theres the bus or even better Walking. Simple..Police taking your car doesnt help these days either because uninsured drivers will just buy something Even more crap then what they would have brought which will be more dangerous on the road and when they get caught the police will just scrap it and the driver wont care because hes paid 50p for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Adz86 View Post
    I find this funny how the common man (us lot) can see how much of a disgrace it is yet the law seems to think it's not that big a deal.
    Well said mate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

£200 pound fine - thats disgraceful

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

well that guys life is ****ed now!!! should of got 10 years at least!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by bigknill View Post
    Was watching the One Show this evening and it had a feature about uninsured drivers. Very interesting though I wasn't surprised to hear that we're all paying £30 each year in our insurance premium to pay for the damage that the unlawful cause.

More to the point, they had an interview with a chap who had been knocked off his bike and was left for dead with a broken back, broken ribs, head injuries etc by someone who was uninsured, untaxed and also who had no license. He was given 12 hours to live but survived and is now in a , a paraplegic and in need of 24/7 care.

What did the absolutely quality justice system do to the criminal in this case? Give him a 6 month suspended sentence, 6 points on his driving license and a 6 month driving ban.

Do they not understand HE DOESN'T HAVE A LICENSE AND BANNING HIM WONT STOP HIM FROM DRIVING!!!!

I despair.

What jobs are in demand in Australia?

Oh, and it took the victim 6 years to get his full compensation. There's justice for ya!
    You'll find every Justice system has Flaws. There was a driver here who had been banned from driving for six months... Now he then went out and got caught drink driving. Slap on the wrist fine and further suspension. After this he got caught again for the same thing. Harsher fine community service and further suspension. Two weeks later he runs down two teenagers whilst drunk. As they were walking in the middle of the road its deemed to be their fault and the driver gets a 2 year suspended sentance. Banned from driving and community service.... Pathetic.

Jobs wise in Australia... If you can get into the mining sector then you'll be set

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information