Thread: rear washer sprayer

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

confused rear washer sprayer

Hi all booked my car into the local stealers to get my rear washer looked at got a phone call yesterday, garage had a power cut and could't get the car up on the ramp, i've collected it and am giving it one more go to get it working myself , took cap of washer bottle removed rear spray and blasted compressed air through it bubbles galore appeared from the washer bottle, i let this run for about 5-6 minutes, i've also let the washer spray sit in boiling water to clean it. Does anyone think this i pump related as my front washer have great pressure just the rear i'm having problems with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

update have water going through the sprayer but there is no pressure to it at all it is spraying but the slightest breeze and when traveling about 30 mph it the spray gets blown behind the car, my old car astra 1.7 cdti that the wife drives has a powerful rear washer that equals the front, what is the problem it's making me mad but my newer car the vectra has powerfull front washers and a low powered spray at the rear, is this just the way they are.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

im guessing here based on other marques- i take it that its a single pump with a ballbearing operated valve - i suspect this is sticking and has caused the problem - might need a new washer pump to resolve the matter
    Hth

regards

Dez

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Take the 2 outlet pipes off of the washer pump and get someone to wash the windscreen then the rear window.

Less water is pumped out of the outlet for the rear window than the outlet for the windscreen but there should still be a good flow of water to make it jet out of the nozzle with some force.

Are you getting a good blast of water out of all 4 winscreen nozzles, especially the one nearest the offside?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

no issues with front washers pressure all equal throught all 4 nozzles, car still under 30 day warranty so 5 min ago booked it back in to be looked at tues 12 oct. hopefully they wont have another power cut

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Insignia Elite Nav Grand Sport

Trim : Elite

Engine : 2.0 cdti

Year : 2017

iv got poor spray to the rear as well it might be the length the water has to travel on a small pump

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by neverlandandy View Post
    iv got poor spray to the rear as well it might be the length the water has to travel on a small pump
    I've got loads of pressure on the rear washer - the water hits the glass and bounces off so much that it washes the front of the car behind. I guess that's because the water hits the glass at such as narrow angle.

Full pressure coming out of all of the front jets would indicate that it's a problem with the pipe or jet for the rear washer rather than the pump, but you never know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

must be the pipe because jet is clear, cant find any water leaking when i operate rear washer, what i did notice was the pipe was attached to the rear spray but on the bottom of the spray there is a rubber ring does the pipe have to be over this as of now it is underneath it but it still is a very tight fit. dont think this is the problem though, the rubber seal i think is for sealing it to the ariel base.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by nokiaman1978 View Post
    must be the pipe because jet is clear, cant find any water leaking when i operate rear washer, what i did notice was the pipe was attached to the rear spray but on the bottom of the spray there is a rubber ring does the pipe have to be over this as of now it is underneath it but it still is a very tight fit. dont think this is the problem though, the rubber seal i think is for sealing it to the ariel base.
    Yes the rubber ring is to stop water getting into the aerial base - and then the car roof, so well worth making sure it's located correctly although it won't be causing the lack of water pressure problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

update after 2 days in the local stealers, just got a phone call to say car was ready for collection, pump replaced because the other one burnt out and tubes cleared out.

Thread Information