Thread: Vectra has Gone

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Vectra has Gone

After suffering repeat problems with the Fuel Pressure Regulator on my 2.2, the car has gone.

My decision was made final by the poor service received from the local Stealers.

The car went in with the now familiar dying engine and Engine Management Light on.

I was not advised of the outcome, until I chased the dealer. To be told parts were ordered and the car would ready the day after.

I had to insist on a courtesy car, which I was told I would be advised about later. 5 pm arrives and no news, then I get a call from Enterprise Rentacar to say they will have a car tomorrow. I explained that was no good, and I didn't nderstand why I neededa hire car, but a call to the stealers enlightened me to the two week back order for the parts!!!

I then got an Insignia as a hire car. It was nice, and I considered whether I would like one. The wife loved it, and suggested I should enquire. I did, and was assured a call back the day after.

THe following afternoon, I missed a call from them, and when I rung back, I was informed my car was ready! Just two days later, great.

On collecting the car I was informed that the Fuel Pump had ben hanged, but not the regulator. I suggested this was cutting corners, but they refused to change the regulator, particularly as they didn't have one!!!

I asked to speak to the Sales Guys, but they were busy. So I left my details.

The wife suggested we go to the Citroen dealers, they were just up the road, and she has had three and been happy with them. So I went and looked at a C5. I liked it a lot!

The day after the Engine Management Light was back on!!

I phoned Vauxhall Sales again, and they were getting back to me!! Citroen set me up with a test drive, I had the car for a couple of hours, with nobody accompanying me, so I could have a real good look / drive of the car.

I bought it, traded the Vectra in, and the deal was done.

That was two weeks ago, the Stealers phoned me today!! I missed the call, which is a shame, as I wanted to tell them what I thought.

The C5 is great, in my opinion, better than the Vec, and nicer to drive than the Insignia!!

I will call back, but it's Bye for Now!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

good on you pal, they don't deserve your custom.
    i like the look of the new c5, a good choice, good value.
    my mates got a petrol 02 reg now with 120k on, never let him down and everything works as it should, only had regular services. still more comfortable drive than my veccy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thanks for the wishes Frasedeb.

Gutted that the car went, but I do about 25,000 miles a year, and don't need it failing on me.

Like I said I will pop back, as long as I am welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Always welcome I do like the citroens due to the amount of kit on them

Thread Information