Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Possible Vec c owner needing advice please

Hey all!
    At the moment I have a Vec b 2.6 GSi and will be changeing it in the nexy couple of months more than likely for a 3.2 Gsi. So really just would like some tips on what to look for on these.....I take it the cambelt is just as essential as it ever was on the prwvious V6's? Are there any particular faults to look for etc. Also I know the front end can be swapped for the facelift version, but no one seems to know if the front panel (or radiator panel - waht ever you prefer) has to be changed or can just get away with drilling an extra hole for the newer lights. Any pics of GSi's would be good too. Thanks!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by B34TIN U View Post
    Hey all!
    At the moment I have a Vec b 2.6 GSi and will be changeing it in the nexy couple of months more than likely for a 3.2 Gsi. So really just would like some tips on what to look for on these.....I take it the cambelt is just as essential as it ever was on the prwvious V6's? Are there any particular faults to look for etc. Also I know the front end can be swapped for the facelift version, but no one seems to know if the front panel (or radiator panel - waht ever you prefer) has to be changed or can just get away with drilling an extra hole for the newer lights. Any pics of GSi's would be good too. Thanks!
    If the front end can be swapped I'd love to know how to do it. Aus never got the facelift version and I hate the look of the pre-facelift front end.

Overall just the usual with the V6 veccys. Look for warning lights etc. Can't go wrong otherwise. Ecotecs are pretty sturdy engines.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Vectra_C_Chris View Post
    If the front end can be swapped I'd love to know how to do it. Aus never got the facelift version and I hate the look of the pre-facelift front end.

Overall just the usual with the V6 veccys. Look for warning lights etc. Can't go wrong otherwise. Ecotecs are pretty sturdy engines.

Yeah this can be done mate....good init? New wings, slam panel bumper, bonnet and headlights and as above I THINK the front panel because of the shape of the later head lights, but on VVOC there is a guy on there that done it but just drilled holes for the headligh mounting. Everthing is bolt on (not sure bout the front panel - think there are spot weld not sure tho).

I know what you mean by warning lights.....coz I have a 2.6 (2001) it comes into the new euro spec and so I keep getting a p0420 code - cat. system below efficiancy all thanks to the strict emissions!!!

Thread Information