User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the market for a used Insignia (or bmw)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default In the market for a used Insignia (or bmw)

Off to the stealers tomorrow to see what's on offer, you'd think being a member I'd be clued up, but I'm clueless as to what to look out for. If I can get a good part exchange deal on the current Vec, (06 SRi 2.2 direct) I'll be well chuffed.

As the post suggest, I'll also be making a return pit stop at the local BMW garage to look at the 1 & 3 series (bit strange as last week we took delivery of an x6 35d, pictures in another thread later )

2.2 Direct SRi

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra SRi

Trim : XP NAV

Engine : 1.9 CDTi 150

Year : 2007

Insignia or BM, hardly a choice in my book.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post
    Seems like a no brainer, but I have to give credit to Vauxhall. The Vectra's been a flawless performer over the last two years and I'm loathed to think about parting with it (just had it serviced and it's running beautifully). Under any other circumstance I would never have considered the Insignia. I've had my eye on the tourer for some time as I think it's a slightly better design.

2.2 Direct SRi

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_BlackSRi View Post

Yep insignia every time

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As a previous owner of 2 Insignia's I would recommend you give the Insignia a miss, trust me, you will thank me later.
    If you can afford to go to a BMW then do so, you will not regret it.

I now have a BMW myself, it drives superbly, and is very economical considering the poke it has. The drive is so smooth and quiet it truly is a drivers car. Going to BMW was the best move I ever did, buying the Insignia was the worst!!!.
    My last Insignia which I received on May 29th spent more time in the dealers than with me, quality control is attrocious, and when spares are required it takes weeks or in my case months before the dealer can get them.
    One fault from day-1 was it needed 2 replacement valves to prevent oil draining back overnight on the hydraulic cam belt pulley adjusters, and 3 months later it had still not been done as they were still waiting for the parts. (Loud noise when first starting car)

There are currently still no Insignia spares in the UK. One user Mark has had 3 dmf clutch flywheels fitted, many users have suffered failed clutches and gearboxes, plus other numerous issues.
    I had loads of issues from day-1 until I sold it 13 weeks later at a loss of over 2k. After a number of on-going issues which were not being fixed due to a lack of spares I then started getting issues with the gearbox, and decided enough was enough and it had to go regardless of the cost.

There have been quite a few other members on the Insignia forums who have also dropped the car due to on going issues. You may be very lucky and get a good one, I hope you are... should you get one, but if you ever need any spares expect a very long wait indeed.

All cars can gave problems regardless of make and cost, but the spares situation with the Insignia is truly appalling at the present time, they really do need to set up a spares network in the UK for the car.
    Last edited by 67688c; 30th September 2009 at 13:03.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by s_zigmond View Post
    Yep insignia every time
    LOL... there is no comparison.

Only driven an Insignia for about 10 miles (and seen all the bad rep about them and their reliability) but had BM's in the past and love the new 3 series sport tourer, that compared with the Insignia Tourer, no contest (in the BM's favour).

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Was going to get the 2.8T elite hatchback, but now can't decide between that, the Lexus GS or BMW 54x (all 2nd hand obviously).

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Quote Originally Posted by MalcGSI View Post
    Was going to get the 2.8T elite hatchback, but now can't decide between that, the Lexus GS or BMW 54x (all 2nd hand obviously).

Looking at cars that size it has to be a phaeton for me every time. Ill take a tuned v10 :-)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by 67688c View Post
    As a previous owner of 2 Insignia's I would recommend you give the Insignia a miss, trust me, you will thank me later.
    If you can afford to go to a BMW then do so, you will not regret it.

I now have a BMW myself, it drives superbly, and is very economical considering the poke it has. The drive is so smooth and quiet it truly is a drivers car. Going to BMW was the best move I ever did, buying the Insignia was the worst!!!.
    My last Insignia which I received on May 29th spent more time in the dealers than with me, quality control is attrocious, and when spares are required it takes weeks or in my case months before the dealer can get them.
    One fault from day-1 was it needed 2 replacement valves to prevent oil draining back overnight on the hydraulic cam belt pulley adjusters, and 3 months later it had still not been done as they were still waiting for the parts. (Loud noise when first starting car)

There are currently still no Insignia spares in the UK. One user Mark has had 3 dmf clutch flywheels fitted, many users have suffered failed clutches and gearboxes, plus other numerous issues.
    I had loads of issues from day-1 until I sold it 13 weeks later at a loss of over 2k. After a number of on-going issues which were not being fixed due to a lack of spares I then started getting issues with the gearbox, and decided enough was enough and it had to go regardless of the cost.

There have been quite a few other members on the Insignia forums who have also dropped the car due to on going issues. You may be very lucky and get a good one, I hope you are... should you get one, but if you ever need any spares expect a very long wait indeed.

All cars can gave problems regardless of make and cost, but the spares situation with the Insignia is truly appalling at the present time, they really do need to set up a spares network in the UK for the car.
    Thanks for the heads up, was discussing with the missus about waiting a year to 18 months, before upgrading. The first generation models often come with a load of faults. But it does seem like you've been really unlucky though.

I got a quote for 22K for a 3 series 330d/M sport 07, from a BMW dealer. That would just about put me in VXR 08/09 plate territory.

2.2 Direct SRi

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by izonoky View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, was discussing with the missus about waiting a year to 18 months, before upgrading. The first generation models often come with a load of faults. But it does seem like you've been really unlucky though.

I got a quote for 22K for a 3 series 330d/M sport 07, from a BMW dealer. That would just about put me in VXR 08/09 plate territory.
    ...but that particular BMW would be the better performer on the road....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information