Thread: Need urgent help

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Exclamation Need urgent help

My dads 2006 vectra 1.9cdti (120) has a problem. He was out in it the otherday and the alternator light came on. He then used it the following day to go to work and drove without problems. Upon leaving work he tried to start it.....and nothing. Recovery were called out and they checked the alternator and said that it had gone. We ordered a new alternator and fitted it yesterday. After fitting it, it drove fine until the following day. On starting it afew more light on the dashboard lit up including the maintenance/service light. Luckily we knew 2 local garages who put it on the diagnostics and both came back with the fault code: P1125 which is a throttle actuator fault. Everywhere we called has advised us to contact a main dealer but as the car is now well outside of its warrenty, i was hoping someone on here may be able to tell me exactly what the problem is so i have an idea before i go to the dealer. Could this be a fix that we could do OR does it have to go to a dealer??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cbetts2005 View Post
    My dads 2006 vectra 1.9cdti (120) has a problem. He was out in it the otherday and the alternator light came on. He then used it the following day to go to work and drove without problems. Upon leaving work he tried to start it.....and nothing. Recovery were called out and they checked the alternator and said that it had gone. We ordered a new alternator and fitted it yesterday. After fitting it, it drove fine until the following day. On starting it afew more light on the dashboard lit up including the maintenance/service light. Luckily we knew 2 local garages who put it on the diagnostics and both came back with the fault code: P1125 which is a throttle actuator fault. Everywhere we called has advised us to contact a main dealer but as the car is now well outside of its warrenty, i was hoping someone on here may be able to tell me exactly what the problem is so i have an idea before i go to the dealer. Could this be a fix that we could do OR does it have to go to a dealer??
    Forgot to mention. Currently the car starts up fine but doesnt idle very good, has even cut out numerous times. Also anything over 3000rpm makes the revs eratic! There just seems no power in the engine at all.

Does this sound about right for a 'throttle actuator' fault?

What actually is the throtle actuator?????????

Thread Information