I've just bought a new set of genuine VX rear pads for my Vectra C 1.8 SXI 2003.

Based on one of the threads on the forum which quoted 93183140 as the right part number I used the Car Parts Connexion website for the first time and did a parts search. Several dealers came back all saying the part number had been superseded and was now 93190338. I ended up ordering a set from Evans Halshaw in Edinburgh for the incredible price of £12.98 plus VAT!

The pads arrived in 48hrs but are a different pattern to the ones i've fitted before which have the usual wire clip arrangement on the back, instead these have a wire clip/spring on the tab.

At first I thought i'd screwed up and ordered the wrong ones but having given it some thought i'm wondering whether VX have altered the pattern and that's the reason for the new part number, afterall the wire clip arrangement was never all that clever in my view. The box clearly says Vectra C / Signum.

Any VX mechanics out there or anyone else who can advise me? Here's a picture of the pads...