Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default How best to fit a CR1

Hi All

Looking for some help in fitting a CR1.
    I have it all connected OK but find it difficult to get the engine cover back on.
    Could someone please post a pictute of their CR1 fitted and how they placed the wiring.
    It would be mutch appreciated.
    Engine 1.9 CDTi 150.

Thanks

spoons

Dazzh,

Firstly the Engine Cover.

The engine cover is attached to the engine via 5 or 6 rubber bungs. When you remove the engine cover, the rubber bungs tend to stay (stuck) to the engine mounts.

When I remove the engine cover, I also remove the rubber bungs from the engine mounts, and fix them back into the engine cover before replacing.

If you are unsure where the rubber bungs are positioned. Take a look underneath the engine cover and locate the 5 or 6 mount positions. Then loosely replace the engine cover and look for the rubber bung (which should be still attached to the engine mount). Simply pull it off the engine mount and replace into the engine cover. Repeat for all 5 or 6.

Once replaced into the engine cover, it should fit perfectly back onto the engine mounts without any trouble.

Secondly, I routed my CR1 module into the battery housing, underneath the cover. That seems to do the trick. If you leave it placed underneath the engine cover, it may start to melt (slightly) due to the engine temperature.

Enjoy

Thread Information