StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCR 2006 To CDC40 ? ! ?

Hi All,

My First post on here so let me start by saying Heloo!! now can anyone sugest anything??....

I Have in my car the CCR 2006 in my Vectra however its knakkered and i hate it more than i hate cliff richard...

id like to swap it for a CDC 40 With DAB BUT.... im lead to believe that its a different wiring loom configuration, does anyone know if it can be done and indeed how?? some MUST have a fix by now and if not i need to find a vauxhall god that can make a fix?? any thoughts??

Thank you in advance

Kindest

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes this can be done...sort of!!

It won't be spot on, as the wiring is different on your half-can vehicle compared to the full can CDC40.

There are threads on here for fitting a CD70 to a non-can vehicle.
    If your screen has the grey 32 pin plug then you may have a chance...however I am sure that you will not have the green and white mid-speed can wires on pins 17 and 18...which are used to link to the DAB unit.
    I have spoken to other forum members via PM's about fitting a CDxx radio to their half can vehicles. I am still awaiting feedback / progress reports from them.

So that you dont have to hack your car's existing loom to pieces, I would recommend buying an ISO2CAR adaptor lead from "complexsolutions" on ebay. (approx £15 to £20 including postage)...that's where I got mine to convert from standard ISO plugs to quadlock as used on the CD30, CDC40 and CD70 Navi.
    The adaptor lead is also fully populated (all 40 wires), so you can link into DAB audio / data wires etc. I ordered the lead for the 2005 onward vehicles!!

By the way...I'm not a guru...just brave / daft enough to have a go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am also daft enough to have a go!! BUT this is my first go at an install EVER EVER... im not thick and have a background in broadcast engineering i was thinking about EITHER... http://www.autodvdgps.com/car-dvd-gp...tra-p-497.html OR a CD40 with our without DAB obviously if i cant wire it then i cant have it i just need somthing other than the broken kak that i curently have any thoughts??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the link, I would say that the touch screen dvd unit would be just as easy to fit as any sandard head unit...

whereas the CDC40 would be just as expensive, but probably not as reliable...the DAB unit would also be quite niggly...especially in a half can vehicle for which it was nor really intended.

Also bear in mind that a lot of old CDC40's or their DAB units had problems with loosing preset memories...Vx's only fix with this is to change the head unit or DAB unit. Usually at cost to the vehicle owner.

Also not all CDC40's play MP3's etc..and not all CDC40's have DAB units...and the have / have not list goes on and on.

Basically, I would look for a non-Opel / Vauxhall unit as there appears to be a lot of "flakey" units out there...

The most reliable unit is the basic CD30. and CD30 mp3.
    CDC40's can have muli-changer cartridge problems jamming.
    CD70's can lose there GPS signal, and the CD reading laser can go out of allignment, resulting in the unit believing that all CD's are "Invalid".
    Also CD70's and CDC40's can get warm with enthusiastic use...forcing the software to "turn the speaker output down" to prevent overheating of the internal circuits.

This is probably why quite a few forum members have changed to aftermarket Sony, Kenwood or other head units.
    The down side to these though, is that the original screen has to be kept as it controls all the can-bus communications with the BCM and CIM unit for the radio. You will need conversion leads and facia plates for these head units.

Sorry for the war and peace, but you need as much info as possible to make an informed / educated decision.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

your the man! and War and Peace is Really good!!!... i like war and Peace!!...

Now.. Looking at this radio from the link i gave you can you tell if its ISO ir CAN-Bus or does it just look like an aftermarket unit and if it is canbus could it still be re-wired no matter what?? i am dying to but it but dont wanna spend my hard earned if it cant be done

please feeel free to provide a holy bible style reply

thank you and Cheers for beeing a legend

kindest

Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rear view of the connector shows a Quadlock socket as used on the full can vehicles.

This is the same socket as the CD30, CDC40, CD50, CD70 Navi etc.

However looking at their wording on the page, they will make the radio to suit your vehicle..."takes about a week".
    It won't hurt to e-mail them and ask if they can make it to suit a half can vehicle with ISO connector...

Also ensure that this won't affect the cost.
    Any variation from a manufacturers preferred set up usually entails an "upcharge".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i rang them today and they said they could only supply as is ... any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay...you need to ask yourself a few questions..

1) What do I want from a radio / head unit?
    CD, MP3, Ipod connectivity, Bluetooth, Sat Nav.
    2) How much am I willing to spend?...stick to this figure!!
    3) What extra's will I need?
    facia plate, conversion loom for head-unit, conversion loom for wheel controls....
    4) Do I want to fit it or shall I leave it to the experts?

5) Can my existing radio be fixed at a reasonable cost...Would I want it if it was working / fixed?

You could look at you local motor factors, or Halfrauds or other I.C.E shop.
    Assuming you don't let your heart rule your head or your wallet, seak recommendations from forum members or sales staff at the above shops.

At approx. £600 as in the link that you posted, you could easily find a brilliant head-unit with lots of functions. Most come with ISO connections that would plug directly to your car's loom.
    It is usual though to swap the red and yellow live and switched live wires in the loom as Vx radios are wired up slightly oddly compared to the "industry standard" ISO set-up.
    Opel / Vauxhall radio's are also always way over priced for what they do!!

Sorry, sounded a bit like Oprah Winfrey for a minute!!
    but you get the general idea...

Here endeth this particular sermon!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i want it to look like a standard factory fit with UUBER sexyness! i dont care how much i spend, but it has to look like a vectra radio and not somthing that was bought at halfords! thats why i wanted to know if it was possible to mod the canbus to make it ISO

please god answer my prayers!!!!

Ben

i want a radio with DAB OR DVD OR satnav OR Phone OR All OR A Few of the afformentioned i have a parrot car kit so i dont have steering wheel controls so not to bothered about that

HELLLP!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StatsVehicle Info
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is possible to have any full can radio in you half can Vectra...
    My proof is that I have fitted one to my non-can cavalier.

Mine is a CD70 Navi, so I have sat-nav, mp3 (on cd's), cd and the converter loom (ISO2CAR from complex solutions) will have all the connectors to allow fitment of the telemute car kit and also my cars ISO plug.

The draw back on a non-can vehicle is that I dont have lighting control, ignition logic and board computer functions...
    As you have half canbus, then you will have the necessary greens and whites for the canbus to provide these inputs.
    All you won't have is the green and white on pins 17 and 18, which are for the DAB unit.

If you look at the threads for CD70 that I have posted, then this will take you through my learning process...upto my final installation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information