Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default out of warranty claims??

hi all

just a quick note has anyone on here had much luck with lookers vauxhalls dealers on wirral north west area doing or getting vauxhalls to contributing to out of warranty work

my inlet manifold and actuator motor need changing and car onlly done 45k but its a 55plate

any help will be great thanks

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

That's between 6 and 12 months after the warranty has expired, so the chances are between nil and zilch

Equally, these parts are more likely to have failed from normal wear and tear, rather than catastrophic failure

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

m8internet is absolutly right.

When Vauxhall's ran a 12 months warranty, they had a system called V-Can which helped towards out of warranty claims. This was then discontinued when the cars came with a 3 year warranty.

It has been known that Vauxhall have contributed to claims after the 3 year warranty has expired but not often unless it is a massive failure.

My advice is to speak to Vauxhall customer services and explain the situation. What ever you do, don't throw your toys out of the pram and get angry as it will not work.

I had my first Zafira GSi Turbo swapped for a new one after a years ownership at zero cost to me, but I went with the nicely nicely approach.

You may not get anywhere, but you have nothing to lose by asking.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had a similar experience with Ford, on my Mondeo Mk3 Ghia 2.0 TDCI
    The warranty expired at 60K miles (as I reached that before the three year time limit)
    The car was serviced at or before the 10K mile intervals, by the same dealership
    However at 120K miles the engine went with a bang and stopped, whilst accelerating on a Motoway onslip
    My first thought was the cambelt, but the AA confirmed that was not the case

It was with the dealership for three days before they diagnosed what the problem was
    They had managed to get the engine running again on the first day it was not a problem they had seen before and so had requested a Ford technician to attend
    He spent a further two days with it
    He found that one valve had sheered, passed through the turbo (destroying that which was the bang that shut the engine down), and into the manifold
    However the low compression had then unseated all the other valves, five were damaged, as a result the entire engine was ruined

Rather than repair Ford wanted the engine for further examination, as this was a problem they had never seen before, and send it to PSA
    After six weeks they had still not found a new engine, so they agreed to remove all the worn or faulty parts, and rebuild
    It was the best part of two months and when the car was returned to me it didn't sound right and had some replacement parts that meant the engine cover no longer fitted
    As a result Ford agreed to buy the car off me, as it was due to sit its first MoT later that month

As above, all it takes is ONE part to fail catastrophically and they will be sympathetic
    Equally, keep the dealership service out of warranty for up to 12 months after expired
    After 12 months most manufacturers won't accept a claim

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My V6 has been well documented on here as real dog of a car. The car was 3 in April so Network Q expired then and no warranty now. The car now has 125k on the clock, requarly serviced at the main dealer. Last thursday, got in the car at Gatwick and my climate had stopped producing coldness, so phoned the dealer and arranged for it to be looked at on Monday(today) afternoon as I had to be in Manchester this morning. Drove to manchester this morning from northumberland and apart from the climate nothing to report.

coming back a different story, under load it was hesitant, the EML came on. Stopped at the services and back on my way with no light. coming round the top end of Leeds around Garforth on M1/A1 put my foot down to overtake and brrrrrrrrrr, EML and the ESP light came on the engine shut down. Pulled on to the hard shoulder and switched off. Thought I try to turn the engine and off it fired.

Did about 20 miles and the EML came back on. and got to the dealers about 13:30. By14:30 it was diagnosed as the AC pulley had disintergrated and that caused all the other problems. Bill £556. I asked if Vx would contribute because of all the problems previously and they will pick up the bill.

Car should be ready tomorrow evening, all being well, so the answer is yes sometimes they do pick up out of warranty claims.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    m8internet is absolutly right.

When Vauxhall's ran a 12 months warranty, they had a system called V-Can which helped towards out of warranty claims. This was then discontinued when the cars came with a 3 year warranty.

It has been known that Vauxhall have contributed to claims after the 3 year warranty has expired but not often unless it is a massive failure.

My advice is to speak to Vauxhall customer services and explain the situation. What ever you do, don't throw your toys out of the pram and get angry as it will not work.

I had my first Zafira GSi Turbo swapped for a new one after a years ownership at zero cost to me, but I went with the nicely nicely approach.

You may not get anywhere, but you have nothing to lose by asking.

um v-can is back .! lol

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Were any of those parts reported as faulty or replaced within the last 12 months or the warranty period?

It is quite common if there was an existing problem that they will pay a proportion providing such a problem has previously been reported and/or parts replaced

However if it is a "new" issue, they usually decline
    Personally, take their offer and run!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

spoke 2 vauxhall dealer today they want to see car on wed with my service history and they going to speak 2 vauxhalls about doing the inlet repair

i did the washer repair 2 the swirl bar but think motor must be faulty as it seem 2 jam and put warning light on so ive took it off and left it lying there for them 2 see on wed

let u know how i get on

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

good news i guess vauxhalls have offered to pay 70% for the inlet manifold job they said the job is normally £800 plus vat does this sound right guys???

Thread Information