User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should admin topup the 'help the heroes' appeal ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thought I should mention... that I personally have never recieved anything from this charity, in case anyone is wondering... bearing in mind I was in the forces for a long period and had my left leg blown off in Ireland..

Thought I'd better clarify that...lol

I actually had my own business for many years and was quite successful so luckily I've never needed any help from anyone, quite the opposite really. My business is still flourishing abeit with my 2 sons at the helm, and currently employs 19 people, so to pre-empt anyone thinking this, you could'nt be more wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yippee... its moving again.

Thanks Ed and Paul for kickstarting it again.

As Ed stated in his comments would'nt it be nice if we could make that £1000 for xmas... now that would be something. I've got a good feeling that it will.

Thanks guys, and everyone else who's donated.... you are stars..

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ed taylor View Post
    How is he sure that Admin have not donated already?.
    Exactly. We kickstarted the initial donations, and as our adopted charity for this year who says we haven't got plans towards the end of the year to make sure we pass the £1000 mark by as much as possible?

We're still after your donations though - no matter how small - as the £1000 is a minimum target, not a ceiling. Don't forget to make sure you take advantage of the Gift Aid option if you are eligible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Exactly. We kickstarted the initial donations, and as our adopted charity for this year who says we haven't got plans towards the end of the year to make sure we pass the £1000 mark by as much as possible?

We're still after your donations though - no matter how small - as the £1000 is a minimum target, not a ceiling. Don't forget to make sure you take advantage of the Gift Aid option if you are eligible.
    As I stated in my PM to Ed, of course I was aware that Admin had already graciously donated £30, I never stated that you had not! I was merely trying to squeeze a little more out of you...lol.

In any event, it's good to hear you will ensure it reaches or surpasses its target by the end of the year... well done.

As I no longer have a VX vehicle having bought a new BMW I dont visit the forum as often as I used to, but it is a most worthy cause and I would like to see the sites appeal reach its target.

I dont like bumping the subject as members can and do get fed up of seeing it all the time, one even suggested it was like begging therefore I have decided not to promote it myself any further. I am sure the appeal will achieve its target especially with your assistance. I've donated about £150 myself to the forums appeal both by a donation, and by selling items and getting the members to make a donation to the appeal instead of a payment to myself, so I hope in some small way that I have helped it along a wee bit. I've also made a direct donation of £250, so it is a cause which I avidly support.

I have my own reasons for supporting the Help the Heroes, IMO this is one of the most worthwhile charities to support. I also donate £8 a month through direct debit to the Macmillan Trust which in my view give much support to families of cancer sufferers, this too is a most worthwhile cause.

In conclusion I wish you all the best with the H4H appeal, I can assure you these guys are worthy of any donations made.

Regards... Cameron43

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information