Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Police bashing

What's with all the police bashing that's been happening on the site lately? It seems that every thread that the law gets mentioned in, someone jumps up out of their seat to have a dig at the boys in blue.

It's getting right up my nose it is. Have a little more respect for the law and the people that uphold it.

The line that gets me most is 'haven't they got anything else to do than nick me for something petty, they should be out catching real crimminals'. Well yes they have got more important things to do so stop forcing them to nick you for petty things that you shouldn't be doing in the first place! If they stopped pulling people for 'minor' offences then the country would fall into anarchy very quickly as more and more people (especially crooks) realised they can go around and get away with anything.

Pulling people for things that may seem petty, often leads to the discovery of a more serious crime. So be thankfull that they do. If you're caught breaking the law, then take it on the chin, realise that YOU and NOT the officer that pulls you for it are in the wrong.

These guys need more support from us, law abiding, citizens in the tough work they perform protecting us from the less savoury characters out there.

Big for the boys (and girls) in blue

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Just to emphasize my point about 'minor' offences often turning out to be indicative of more serious goings on:

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/news.aspx?storyid=29026

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Unfortunatly it seems the popular thing to do here at the moment..

Five people (members here) have jumped on the police bashing bandwagon, and from messages received, it isn't going down well..

One of our intentions as moderators is to keep the site a freindly and welcoming place and MY tolereance of this sort of behaviour is starting to wear thin..

PLEASE give it a rest guys..avoid the stereotypical answers..

I'm asking nicely now..

On a Sabbatical
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well said guys.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Here here -

I'd love to be a traffic cop - can't stand poor drivers - its my back-up career...I firmly believe that speeding isn't the end of the world - but the law is the law - and if you get caught - tough - you were in the wrong...same applies to people who complain about parking tickets, fines for late returns etc etc - we all know the rules....

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

As John Wayne would say " hang'em high".....
    ( he didn't f**k about did he, just shot'em or hung'em)

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

100% Agree Spikey. Being a copper is ****** hard work for them guys and we all get to benefit from it.

Fact is, the roads are failing into anarchy and we need more traffic cops to stop people taking the p!ss like they often do. Having a go at them guys for just doing their job is not on.

Some so-called offences are nonsense, but the police don't get to pick and choose which laws to enforce, they just don't get that luxury. So you might get done for something you think is no big deal, but they're also out there stopping the real evil gits out there who would just as soon as run you over and drive off.

I don't see traffic police as being a waste, after all the clue is in the name. There's other coppers out there to catch burglars and the like. There's specialities, that's how it works.

People need to stop complaining - if you do something wrong and get caught - don't blame the copper who is enforcing the law - complain to the politicians who make the laws. If the law is unfair then it's their fault, not the boys (and girls) in blue.

I say this as someone who (like just about everybody) has been done for speeding and who does make the odd mistake. Also as someone who's needed the police when things have turned sour away from the roads and they've been there and done all they can. Give the guys some respect, have you seen how many of them are being forced to confront people with knives and guns these days?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know one of my threads turned into a bit of police bashing, but that was never my intent. The sole purpose of opening the thread was to try and trace some paperwork which i was having no luck with when speaking to the police station i reported to.

In light of my recent dealings with police i've come to the conlcusion that if you have a bad experience with one officer its unfortunate that generally speaking the good ones get tarred with the same brush - but its like for lots of industries i.e salespeople always have a bad rep. I have several friends who are officers and have a great amount of respect for what they do.

Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about the fact that I'd been stopped or sent the summons, i was just a bit peeved that had I had a better response from the officer behind the front desk then all this could've been avoided.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Can't really add much to this, except that it has certainly been noticed that 'police bashing' has taken a sharp upturn lately. It won't be tolerated on here. Expect any further incidents to be jumped on from a great height!
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about the fact that I'd been stopped or sent the summons, i was just a bit peeved that had I had a better response from the officer behind the front desk then all this could've been avoided.
    Don't worry Harry, your post certainly wasn't taken as any form of police bashing - you were merely trying to sort out your situation. It's other posts that have brought this up.

D

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Harry
    Harry, it was clear in your posts that that was not your intention.... I just hope the help and advice that you've got might go some way to redress the balance with the poor experiences you have received.

I understand completely that there are members out there who will have received (to coin one of the Home Offices new buzz words) a less than Customer Focussed service from the police, but we are not all bad, and that type of experience is very rare. As you will see by looking through numerous historic posts, most of us (including all police members on this site) are more than willing to help out, and are very fair. We work some very antisocial hours, and deal with some very difficult and often dangerous situations, so it is only fair to expect that a police officer will not always be the most cheerful person on the planet.

The next time you get pulled over for speeding, or something else which you consider to be minor, just think to yourself "I wonder what you were doing 10 minutes ago?". That officer could have been talking a suicidal person down off the roof of a multi storey car park, or delivering a message to someone to tell them their school age child has just been killed while crossing the road.... if you look at it like that you'll realise that there is a lot more to the role of a Constable than you might think, and that 99.9% of them (us) put in a lot more heart and soul then you will ever realise.

Its nice to know that there is a level of support from most members here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information