Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Viewed a GSi today

I viewed a GSi this afternoon, tbh I was a bit dissapointed when I got there. What I would like is what would you expect from a 53 plate Veccy C GSi with 75k on the clock? Its up in a garage for a few £££'s under 5k. This one has full leather which has been altered to have a light grey centre with GSi embroidered into the seats, xenons, full colour sat nav and front and rear parking sensors. Its a really nice spec, but here are the down sides:

The Paintwork is not exactly mint, the front bumper in the centre about the number plate has a fair few chips so would need a respray, the back bumper has a patch of paint about the size of a 50 pence peice missing, so needs a touch up. There is bright yellow/green paint on the driverside and a few deep scratches through the clear coat so these too would need a paint repair. The yellow paint would come off.

I walked away without even test driving it. It needs a min of 2 tyres as they are below the legal limit but they did say they would change these. Probably for mega cheap ones but I have a Signum in the garage thats going back to the finance company soon so there is an easy swap. I also have a Irmy lip and front grill I could fit to it.

What would you expect for 5k? Am I being too picky? Its the top of its money but I didn't try and haggle at all, I just gave the keys back and walked away. Had loads of history with it too, billengers - sp? - all on the receipts.

BTW the reg is OU53 TYX, anyone know it? From the OXON area?
    Now I need a turbo to keep up!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I dont think that you are being at all picky. At the end of the day, its your cash and you should find a car that you are happy with.
    For £5k there are some decent motors out there, and you'll definitely find a nice motor.
    Is it a GSI you are after - i.e leather interior etc etc. I have heard that our Police Driving School just released their 53 plate 3.2 V6 to auction. I've driven this car and it was immaculate.
    It was an SRI type Spec and it had 80k miles on it, new tyres, fully serviced and it went for £3.5k.
    There are loads out there......Best of Luck!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sig View Post
    I viewed a GSi this afternoon, tbh I was a bit dissapointed when I got there. What I would like is what would you expect from a 53 plate Veccy C GSi with 75k on the clock? Its up in a garage for a few £££'s under 5k. This one has full leather which has been altered to have a light grey centre with GSi embroidered into the seats, xenons, full colour sat nav and front and rear parking sensors. Its a really nice spec, but here are the down sides:

The Paintwork is not exactly mint, the front bumper in the centre about the number plate has a fair few chips so would need a respray, the back bumper has a patch of paint about the size of a 50 pence peice missing, so needs a touch up. There is bright yellow/green paint on the driverside and a few deep scratches through the clear coat so these too would need a paint repair. The yellow paint would come off.

I walked away without even test driving it. It needs a min of 2 tyres as they are below the legal limit but they did say they would change these. Probably for mega cheap ones but I have a Signum in the garage thats going back to the finance company soon so there is an easy swap. I also have a Irmy lip and front grill I could fit to it.

What would you expect for 5k? Am I being too picky? Its the top of its money but I didn't try and haggle at all, I just gave the keys back and walked away. Had loads of history with it too, billengers - sp? - all on the receipts.

BTW the reg is OU53 TYX, anyone know it? From the OXON area?
    looked at a similar specced 3.2 gsi in january this year before i settled on the siggy = £3750 with dealer history from a small garage near tiptree in essex - so quite a high price me thinks

oh yeah and the green paint had nothing to do with me

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Sounds pretty dear to me, maybe around 4k would be better given its nick. It does sound a nice spec'd car though

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I got a 52 plate gsi fitted with irmscher
    front splitter
    door pins
    steering wheel
    handbrake cover
    gear stick
    door pins
    upper and rear spoiler
    rear difuser
    irmy grill
    irmy back box
    19in alloys
    1/2 leather climate control etc and the list goes on
    full service history with 71,500 came with a folder with every receipt ever spent on the car TAX and Mot for £3200

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

IMo its about £500 too much when looking at whats about. Its got nearly every option from the factory apart from a TA and sunroof. I am very tempted.

Any ideas on how to remove the smoke smell from the interior? The sunglasses holder was yellow on the sides from all the smoking

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

My Signum was owned previously by a smoker and the visors and sunglasses holder was a shade of yellow as you have described.
    Vx Valeted it for me, and it still had a faint smoke odour. A light spray of Febreeze on the seats and carpets with the windows left open a touch cleared it.
    Cleaned the visor with a soft brush ( ex wifes facial brush ) and a weak solution of warm water and APC. Came up like new after a few goes.

HTH

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Yeah that helps, thanks I may have another look tomorrow me thinks. I do like it, but could I put up with what it needs? I also know its too much and I doubt they will drop all that much on it as i am going to be px'ing.

Don't you just hate it when you look at a car that you know is too expensive and then want it anyway

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Saab

Trim : 9-3 Vert

Engine : 2.0

Year : 2000

Wasnt someone on here selling a GSI a few months ago in much better conditions for far less than that. I seem to think it was well specked too but i may have dreamt it!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I was exactly the same when I got the Signum 2 1/2 years ago!! Knew it was expensive ( was £13.5k!!) but it was a decent spec and was in good nick!
    If it sounds good and is full of receipts then it sounds too good to miss. Paint is relatively easy to sort out, mechanics on those are expensive to say the least.
    Best of luck with it, just don't let your heart rule your head.... (rich coming from me!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information