Thread: remap for £195.00 on ebay

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I had been thinking of a re-map, Thank You for warning us away from this company

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Pete View Post
    Hmm, from my experience of buying music online the answer is actually Yes, you can download the track over and over again as you have paid for the track and its in your download history, so as long as you use it on an activated device you can even download and use that same track on upto 5 different computers,

I've not heard of a remap company that doesn't offer to redo the remap if its wiped during an ecu update / service or if it causes problems with the car though, might be worth looking around and paying a bit more incase you need support, its your car we're talking about here, not a £100 mp3 player afterall..

Might be worth paying the extra and get support if and when needed.. IMO
    well said pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ANDY W View Post
    I would get as much info and feedback as you can before going with them but I personaly would stick with the big boys like Regal/EDS and BSR as these guys know what they are doing and have enough satisfied customers to back them up.
    I have the Regal/EDS Map which is very good and any tech issues I have had, which has only been one which was me being thick, they have solved
    I also have a tech issue of being thick, must go to these guys to get it solved, must be cheaper than private medical care. Sorry, its just the way I read it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : BMW e92 335d

Trim : M Sport

Engine : 3.0 TT

Year : 2008

Hmm, from my experience of buying music online the answer is actually Yes, you can download the track over and over again as you have paid for the track and its in your download history, so as long as you use it on an activated device you can even download and use that same track on upto 5 different computers,

I've not heard of a remap company that doesn't offer to redo the remap if its wiped during an ecu update / service or if it causes problems with the car though, might be worth looking around and paying a bit more incase you need support, its your car we're talking about here, not a £100 mp3 player afterall..

Spot on Pete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Very true,

I had my old Vectra remapped at a lower cost than the likes of Regal/EDS etc, the map was a piece of **** and I had to take the car to Vauxhall have it tech2'd back to standard and the tuned map was full of wholes and caused more problems than it was worth,

Did I get a refund from the company that did it, hell no, in the end I had to file a claim with the credit card to get my money back,

My advise would be, pay more for a name that will back up there service, If I sold something through my line of work that had a fault, down to either the good or didn't work as described with an other item as it was meant to, it would be sorted or refunded and I would expect that from any tuning company, If I was told the car is at fault not the software , you can't have a refund ?? I'd have been

,,, Hi Pete,,,

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

There are remaps and then there are remaps and the best remap won't always be the one that gives you more power.You can take many a shortcut with the software and still get better power than other 'mappers'.If you're not sure don't do it! In the words of one of the protaganists in the film 'Total Recall': "Don't let'em **** wij yer brain pal!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

If I was in the market for a remap, I would get one done on a rolling road. That way it will be specific to your car, and not just a generic 'off the shelf' map.

A good operator would ask you what you want out of the map; more bhp, more torque, better MPG, etc..

Old School Vectra-C.Com. Residing in sunny Leeds.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : 9-3 Wagon

Trim : Turbo Edition

Engine : TID (1.9 16v)

Year : 2010

Mileage : 137000

Quote Originally Posted by snapsnap View Post
    If I was in the market for a remap, I would get one done on a rolling road. That way it will be specific to your car, and not just a generic 'off the shelf' map.

A good operator would ask you what you want out of the map; more bhp, more torque, better MPG, etc..
    Dont be fooled by live maps. Yes, done right they may be best but some off the shelf maps have hundreds of thousands of pounds of research put into them. I've seen many a thread of live maps completely wrecking a car.

As said, you get what you pay for. Remember your also paying for after sales.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ah now we are talking about a different scenario.

ive done some checking on this and what happened was a person who said he had brought this car from somebody else with our map on it was having issues. now bear in mind that no receipt for the work was provided by the owner (receipts are given for every remap). would you fix or refund someone who didnt have a receipt especially as they have already said they brought the car from somebody else!

we offer a 12 month warranty on all software and a 7 day money back policy if your not happy. we do ask customers to have the common faults checked first. if they have these checked and there isnt an issue then we will gladly look at it further but if someone is asked to check the common faults and then never comes back to us saying there is still a problem what can we do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information