Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default remap for £195.00 on ebay

hi all ,seen this remap service on ebay for £195.00 ( item no 280270996006 ). they are called ecu-evolution ,and are based in ross on wye. as any member used there service is it to good to be true, against the price,s i have seen else where paul..............

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by cranny 27 View Post
    hi all ,seen this remap service on ebay for £195.00 ( item no 280270996006 ). they are called ecu-evolution ,and are based in ross on wye. as any member used there service is it to good to be true, against the price,s i have seen else where paul..............
    I have had a few cars remapped by them, which are vw's and audi's.

They do know their stuff, and are very good value for money.
    Last edited by Big-Pete; 1st October 2009 at 10:46.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I would get as much info and feedback as you can before going with them but I personaly would stick with the big boys like Regal/EDS and BSR as these guys know what they are doing and have enough satisfied customers to back them up.
    I have the Regal/EDS Map which is very good and any tech issues I have had, which has only been one which was me being thick, they have solved

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

had them do my old zafira gsi turbo good service BUT ny mate who bought my zaf had to get the map removed as it was corrupt no refund just the standard map put back on

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vanquis1979 View Post
    had them do my old zafira gsi turbo good service BUT ny mate who bought my zaf had to get the map removed as it was corrupt no refund just the standard map put back on
    say a song you purchased and downloaded to your ipod got corrupt would you get a refund or the song replaced for free? probably not

software corruption can happen to any software on any computer unfortunatley thats computers and it happens but its very very rare that happens on an ecu although im not saying it cant

did someone tell your mate the software was corrupt? or is this being assumed as ecu's have a checksum which has to be correct or the car doesnt start. software corruption would probably cause the checksum to be incorrect therfore a non starting car.

what was the issue with the car to say the map was corrupt?

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by ecuevo12345 View Post
    say a song you purchased and downloaded to your ipod got corrupt would you get a refund or the song replaced for free? probably not

software corruption can happen to any software on any computer unfortunatley thats computers and it happens but its very very rare that happens on an ecu although im not saying it cant

did someone tell your mate the software was corrupt? or is this being assumed as ecu's have a checksum which has to be correct or the car doesnt start. software corruption would probably cause the checksum to be incorrect therfore a non starting car.

what was the issue with the car to say the map was corrupt?
    i take it it was you company that mapped it if so the chap that removed the map told him it was a bad map... and he took the car to wales to it removed? i took the car to northampton to be mapped at the lads mums house,end of the day from day one the service light always came on when giving it some even after you recommending upgrades i'e filter stainless intercooler pipe etc... am not moaning i've sold it on so makes no difference to just giving people my thoughts on your remap and to compare a 87p song to a £200 remap a little different now as the car hasnt run the same since...jody

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by vanquis1979 View Post
    i take it it was you company that mapped it if so the chap that removed the map told him it was a bad map... and he took the car to wales to it removed? i took the car to northampton to be mapped at the lads mums house,end of the day from day one the service light always came on when giving it some even after you recommending upgrades i'e filter stainless intercooler pipe etc... am not moaning i've sold it on so makes no difference to just giving people my thoughts on your remap and to compare a 87p song to a £200 remap a little different now as the car hasnt run the same since...jody

yes the difference in price i agree with but what im trying to get across is that software corruption cant be blamed on the company unless it happened when flashing.

after trying the upgrades the car should have been brought back. by the sounds of it the vehilce itself couldnt handle the power. upgrades that have been recommended are all faults seen before and have been cured by changing them.

all zafira software has been used many times and very rarley caused faults but there will always be 1 car that will play up. unfortunatley that is tuning. astra gsi's we have done have seen 255 bhp on a rolling road and the software is identical

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : BMW e92 335d

Trim : M Sport

Engine : 3.0 TT

Year : 2008

Quote Originally Posted by cranny 27 View Post
    Well as probably seems clear to most reading this thread, you get what you pay for...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Vectra gsi

Trim : Full heated leather

Engine : 3200

Year : 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Addict View Post
    Well as probably seems clear to most reading this thread, you get what you pay for...
    thats what i was thinking.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Audi Q7

Trim : S-Line Plus 245

Engine : 3.0 TDV6

Year : 2013

Mileage : 3023

Quote Originally Posted by ecuevo12345 View Post
    Hmm, from my experience of buying music online the answer is actually Yes, you can download the track over and over again as you have paid for the track and its in your download history, so as long as you use it on an activated device you can even download and use that same track on upto 5 different computers,

I've not heard of a remap company that doesn't offer to redo the remap if its wiped during an ecu update / service or if it causes problems with the car though, might be worth looking around and paying a bit more incase you need support, its your car we're talking about here, not a £100 mp3 player afterall..

Might be worth paying the extra and get support if and when needed.. IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information