User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusted at vauxhall dealership...

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Disgusted at vauxhall dealership...

for those of you whos read my 2 other threads youl know all about this but for you that havnt il give a basic outline of the story...
    last weekend my car was parked outside my houseand was hit my a joyrider who fled, left that car and the car and when the police arrived the owner had sold it months previously, there was no record of the new keepers details and the car was uninsured and untaxed so basically i was left with a £250 excess and a claim on my insurance which would mean id lose my 3yrs no claims. the car went into the accident repair centre who and was then put on hold by my insurance company for suposdily having an aftermarket bodykit fitted even though it was absolute nonsense. after days of arguing with my insurance company (name and shame) 'halifax insurance' i decided as it was only cosmetic damage i would have my car repaired myself and its actually turned out cheaper than the excess in the long run anyway plus iv saved my no claims bonus...
    to top it all off, i receive a letter this morning bumping my insurance premium up because of this 'so called' bodykit bearing in mind my last installment of the year is due tomorrow and what would have been £60 to pay it off had been bumped up to £159 due tomorrow! obviously i was outraged and got straight on the phone to my insurance company saying that id had this argument with them for days, theyd basically voided my insurance claim coz of it and as a result iv had to pay to have the car repaired out of my own pocket and now they are tryin to get another £100 out of my by tomorrow for a phnatom bodykit that is not on my car which means should i have another bump in it my insurance will again be void as its insured for having a bodykit that is not on my car! after 45 mins of being passed to managers i was told that if i could get a letter from vauxhall on headed paper faxed to them stating that my car has a factory fitted kit and not an aftermarket one they would remove the extra premium so i put the phone down and set off to my local vauxhall dealership. when i went in i explained the situation and the head of service said that the accident repair centre had actually rang them last week to describe my bumpers and ask what should be on a standard vectra and the bloke i was actually talking to had told them in person that what was on my car sounded like an aftermarket bodykit simply because the lower bumper trims were suposed to be matt black (but they had simply been colour-coded red!). i was extremely annoyed at this point coz i was face to face with the fella who had basically caused all the trouble in the first place trying to describe parts on my car that he hadnt even seen so thought it easier to put it down to an aftermarket bodykit, so he came outside with me and looked around my car pointing out the irmshcer badge on the boot saying that was not standard and that it had an SRi badges on it , 'thats not standard' he says, and the boot spoiler and alloys... i said to him it had nothing to do with it the spoiler and alloys are declared, its the lower bumper trim thats in question and to look at the lower bumper trims he described as being an aftermarket bodykit (such as an irmshcer splitter or such like) and to tell me they wernt standard DTi LS trim, even though my vectra was parked right beside another customers vectra of the same yr and model with identical trims only his was black and mine was colour-coded, he then had the gaul to stand there and tell me that they were not factory LS trim!!! i pointed out the vectra 2ft away from mine and said its identical in every way apart from mines painted red and they are black plastic, he said 'yes but they come from the factory black, therefore its not factory standard is it mate'! i honestly couldnt beleive what i was hearing! i said 'so your admitting that its not an aftermarket bodykit like you said its was and thats it is a vauxhall trim but its just been colour-coded?' so he bent down and felt it and said 'no, it feels too smooth to be vauxhall, i think its a copy aftermarket part so im not prepared to right a note saying its vauxhall standard trim'! this is the head of vauxhall service department for you people!! even my mrs thought he was kidding and said 'but you can see its exactly the same in every way, your just being picky coz you told them on the phone it was a bodykit and dont want to admit that you were wrong. thats the top and bottom of it, isnt it?' all she got in return was a shrug of the shoulders and a 'sorry', as he walked back into the dealership smiling and sniggering to his co-worker behind the desk as they watched us pull away!
    so im still left with the whopping insurance bill to pay for a bodykit thats not on my car before i can change insurance companies and its all thanks to a bloke at vauxhall not wanting to admit he was wrong!... i worked at a toyota dealership for 5 yrs so i know exactly how it works, its an absolute disgrace and im seriously thinking of writing a letter of complaint to his Genral Manager!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

iv attatched pics of my car so you can all see that the lower bumper trim and skirts are all completly standard, no add on splitters or bodykits of any kind.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Might get slated for this but the first post is a lot to take in! Maybe if there was a paragraph break?

Sounds like everyone you are dealing with is a 'jobs worth'
    Last edited by RobW; 11th September 2009 at 18:07.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Might get slated for this but the first post is a lot to take in! Maybe if there was a paragraph break?
    agreed mate, but this is what insurance companies are like, they will do any thing to get out of a payment

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I know how you feel.

A few months ago, i had an arguement with Direct Line.

Why....... ???? Because i had changed my headlight bulbs to Philips Power X-treme and not declared it !!!!!

WTF ?????

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    sorry, i had a lot to explain mate so iv had to just sum it up but you get the jist of it, basically iv been shafted by my insurance thanks to the head of serivce department at vauxhall claiming that the lower bumper trim (painted red) on my vectra (in pics above) is aftermarket bodykit when he hadnt even seen it, it is completley standard DTi LS bumper trim, its just been colour-coded but thanks to him saying its not i now have had a insurance claim that wasnt my fault voided and have to pay and extra £100 on my insurance due tomorrow before the end of my premium for a phantom bodykit thats not on my car!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Focus

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 1.6 TDCI

Year : 62

Mileage : 9K

The front bumper doesnt look standard. Whats the air flow slats on the corner off it. You say its all standard , have you had the car from new? if not how do you know the front hasnt been changed before your ownership.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

They just look like rub strips to me - that bumper looks a bog standard one.

Which dealer was it? (just curious as I frequent the NE regularly).

Can't you just go to a different dealer and get the letter? Also, why not ring the insurance company to basically say the the guy is completely wrong/mistaken and ask them to send out an assessor to look at the car for themselves and you'll prove that they are wrong.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Focus

Trim : Titanium

Engine : 1.6 TDCI

Year : 62

Mileage : 9K

Just been looking at my bumper its an sri and its totally different to yours in many ways. At the side where the bumper meets the wheels mine have a recessed part on each side, and even where the fog lamps go, my plastic part is like fins rather than an empty hole.

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Which dealer did you take it to matey?.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast