User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guess what im going to test drive tomorrow?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Guess what im going to test drive tomorrow?

off down the stealers tomorrow at 3pm to test drive a Astra VXR and a Insignia CDTI SRI 160ps..

Ill let you know how i get on

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Brite View Post
    off down the stealers tomorrow at 3pm to test drive a Astra VXR and a Insignia CDTI SRI 160ps..

Ill let you know how i get on
    Dont let all the fancy lights and cheap matt coating fool you, and whatever you do DONT GET BUYING ONE! Not the Insignia anyway.

Trust me... you will thank me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

get the vxr astra mate, awesome car.

iv got an 06 plate one and its a monster

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by 67688c View Post
    DONT GET BUYING ONE! Not the Insignia anyway.

Why Not ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Why Not ?

I knew you would ask that..LOL

My advise to anyone contemplating buying a Insignia is to wait until next year at least until they have sorted all the issues out with it, and most importantly when they have some spares in the Uk for it. They have no spares whatsoever at present in the UK, so any issues can take many weeks for spares to come though when ordered.

I've just sold my Insignia after just 12 weeks ownership at a loss of over 2.5k, it spent more time at the dealers in 12 weeks than my last 3 cars put together.
    They had it more than I did.

Fractured engine mounts, faulty gearbox, peeling coating coming off the trims, creaking dash, especially on every bend, bad paint matching, poorly aligned bumpers, loud resonation issues from airbox, faulty DMF flywheel problems, and faulty CIM modules, Issues with Hydraulic pulley on cam-belts, and heavy fuel consumption. Just to name a few issues with the model.
    Last edited by 67688c; 4th September 2009 at 20:08.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Dont let all the fancy lights and cheap matt coating fool you, and whatever you do DONT GET BUYING ONE! Not the Insignia anyway.

Enlighten me?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I knew you would ask that..LOL

My advise to anyone contemplating buying a Insignia is to wait until next year at least until they have sorted all the issues out with it, and when they have some spares in the Uk for it. They have no spares whatsoever at present in the UK.

I've just sold my Insignia after just 12 weeks ownership at a loss of over 2.5k, it spent more time at the dealers in 12 weeks than my last 3 cars put together.
    They had it more than I did.

Fractured engine mounts, faulty gearbox, peeling coating coming off the trims, creaking dash, especially on every bend, bad paint matching, poorly aligned bumpers, loud resonation issues from airbox, faulty DMF flywheel problems, and faulty CIM modules, and heavy fuel consumption. Just to name a few issues with the model.
    Pretty much like the Vectra-C when that was launched ?? surely all the insignia's on the road aren't that bad other wise no one would have them,

Though with any car I would wait sometime to get all the clitches ironed out,

I'll be waiting till next year when the Bi-Turbo comes out

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Thing is, a large proportion of the Insignias will be company cars, although i stand to be corrected on that one...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

It depends if you get a decent one or a total lemon like I did, a lot of owners seem happy with theirs, while other owners have had nothing but trouble since day one. The biggest issue is that there are no spares available in the UK , and from the amount of time they are taking to come from germany, my dealer reckoned they are ordering just what they need to build the cars, and no spares, hence the very long wait times for some parts. My own car had been waiting for parts to come into stock to rectify issues that were already on the car when I picked it up new.
    I had a phone call on Tuesday to tell me to bring the car in, as the parts had arrived, what made me smile, was the fact that they already had the car. Obviously have'nt got a clue what they are doing, which in itself is also a issue because the Vx techs are not conversant with the model yet, so thats a issue too. Mine went in several weeks ago for very noticable creaking from the dash for example, and the mechanic said he had never done one before, it spent over 3 hours on it while I had to wait as they did'nt have a courtesy car, and it was no better afterwards, he's tried 3 times now. I dont need the hastle, I just need a good reliable car, and mine certainly was not. I regret ever selling the vec-c 150 I had. I've since bought a late model Beemer.

I had difficulty with the gearbox last week and that was the last straw for me.
    Last edited by 67688c; 4th September 2009 at 20:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Well guys some updates for you about my visit at my local stealers..

I test drove the
    Insignia SRI CDTI 160
    The Astra VXR

Right my views.. The Insignia is a very nice car indeed and it looks stunning and reminds me of a Merc when you look at the back of it, can not fault it on how it looks, the interior is nice and stylish with loads of features. So far so good - im really liking this..

However the driving position is bad i think. I found the steering wheel hitting my knees everytime i turned it and that's with the steering wheel adjusted and seat adjusted too

The power well did not notice any different here at all, the power was the same as me veccy TBH..The handling well it was the same and to be honest if it hadn't of been for the gorgeous look of exterior and interior id say i was in the veccy?? I did find that when i lifted the bonnet the engine looked cheap and tacky is though they have really cut corners with the quality look of the engine parts?? I dont know maybe its just me??

To be honest guys maybe i was expecting more from the insignia and i expected it to be totally different than the veccy, but it wasnt it was really just the same?? But in this case it did not blow me away!!

So to narrow it down then

Loved the looks
    Liked the interior
    Liked the space inside

Dislike the driving position
    Dislike the performance (expected more)
    Dislike the look of the engine (looks cheap)

Maybe not for me i just expected more??

Maybe its just me getting old??

The Astra VXR was fun to drive i have to admit, the power seemed great from the 2 litre turbo and you did feel as though you really wanted to put ya foot down! I had to take it easy as i had this old guy (salesman) next to me and he looked like he was falling asleep so i did not want to wake him! It was small car yes i know but it seemed fine with the driving position but not much space in it compared to the Veccy, smaller car i do realise! The ride is hard as you would expect from the VXR but it does feel solid and very sturdy. The looks are stunning as you will agree and in the sunlight it looked gorgeous (with loads of swirls) So my thoughts are

Likes driving position
    Likes the power
    Likes the handling
    Loves the looks
    Likes the interior

Dislikes on space inside

Thats it really!

However if i were really gonna have a VXR it would have to be the veccy but i just keep thinking of the £400 a year tax

So all in all a couple of good test drives which i really enjoyed and they opened my eyes as to what im looking for..

Shall i just stick with my veccy????

Thanks guys

Mark

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information