User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eventful few day on todays roads!

On a Sabbatical
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default Eventful few day on todays roads!

I think there must be a sign on my car that reads 'Please try and wind this driver up'.

On my way home from work on Tuesday I made my way to the inside lane of the M62 ready for exiting. The three markers appreared; three, two, one - What the Ferk??? A BMW 7 series flew across all three lanes right in front of me. I swear he must of been about a 1m from the front of my car. As we both approach the end of the slip road, the traffic lights were on red. He was in the left hand lane, so obviously I went into the right hand lane to politely ask him what he was playing at . Before I could say anything, he stuck his two fingers up at me, then waved his hand and mouthed the words goodbye. Now as most of you know, I'm not normally goaded into a race , but as the lights turned green we both floored it. To my surprise I gradually pulled away him. After about two miles he gave me a flick of his headlights and exited the dual carriageway. Job done I thought!

Then today, I was ploding along with everyone else on the M62 between 70mph and 80mph with a Honda Accord so close to the rear of my car I couldn't see his headlights. Obviously I flick my rear fog lights on a couple of times in an attempt to wake this ****** up. All I get back is his full beam constantly on. Now, today it's absolutely pi55ing down, and I've got nowhere to go and this guy is right up my ar53. A few miles down the road the M62 turns to four lanes, so I know I can pull over and get this a-hole in front of me, and as we enter the four lane part the road clears a little. So now I'm in the third lane and he attempts to overtake in the fourth. Have a guess what my reaction was - yep you guessed it, into 5th and floor it. I absolutely wasted this guy!! Further up the road the M62 goes back to three lanes again and the Accord was now three cars behind me and we were all travelling at 70 - 80mph again. Then we hit the usual traffic and came to a near stop, but who should I see travelling up the hard shoulder - yep this ****** in the accord.

It's a jungle out there peeps, be careful.

By the way speeding is not big and not clever!

I need a job closer to home!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Winds me up no end this mate.

I am glad I live in the country out the way of bloomin motorways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Someone seems to wind me up most journeys I go on .I am trying to work out am I getting less tolerant as I get older or are there more idiots about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by AJA
    Now as most of you know, I'm not normally goaded into a race ,

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I used to be easily goaded into a fight, but the advancing years have mellowed me out on the roads a bit. As an observation, if you let " said k**bhead" past, they then go onto harassing the car in front of you, and so on, until somebody bites big style.
    Saw this a couple of months ago on the M6, in the end it ended with both of them tangled up on the hard shoulder and I thought " there for the grace of god go I"
    All that hassle for what ????

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Andy

spoons

Quote Originally Posted by AJA
    I need a job closer to home!!!!
    Mate, I totally sympathise with you. I work from home most of the time now, and when I venture out in rush hour I cannot beleive the stupidity of some people.

If I want to be safe on the road, I make sure I keep a good distance AWAY from these g!ts. I resist the temptation to chase after them down the road, trying to be the closest car to them, and at a greater speed than normal... A road rager, speeding after a d!ckhead, to teach him the error of his ways can only be a recipe for disaster.

Totally frustrating...... I had a tailgater following me once, so close I also couldnt see his headlights. So, I indicated and pulled over, so that he could pass, as I got totally p!ssed off. He was so close, he came to a dead stop behind me also and couldnt get past. He then had to wait for all the passing traffic to pass him before he could reverse and pull out. What a D1ck, I was so tempted to pull out again so that he remained behind me... Taught him a lesson..
    Last edited by spoons; 24th May 2006 at 15:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : Signum

Trim : Elite

Engine : 3.2 V6

Year : 05

I'm seriously thinking of getting a job that involves a lot less driving as in the last couple of months there seems to be a competition going on as to who can be the biggest kn0bhead driver on the road..... I've been in Blackburn and Manchester for the last couple or days and the M6/M62/M60 seem to be a racetrack for people that have had all traces of road sense removed. Too many instances to list but i think the fitting of mirrors, indicators and lights was a complete waste of time for some of them.
    Perhaps Vauxhall could save more money by removing these items too and selling cars to these people.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Caterman
    .....but i think the fitting of mirrors, indicators and lights was a complete waste of time for some of them.
    Perhaps Vauxhall could save more money by removing these items too and selling cars to these people.
    I think BMW beat everyone to that years ago!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Im seeing more and more people - well idiots - using the hard shoulder as a fourth lane on motorways.

I saw yesterday a P100 pick up driving down the hard shoulder on the M1 with its bonnet wedged about 6 inches open - going at about 50mph and it was not about to stop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information