Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default A few bits...

Hi guys, following my recent change from hatch to estate, I have a few bits to sell off.
    I would prefer to take these to PVS and do the deal there, particularly the bigger/heavier items. Open to offers on everything, please PM me.

Before anyone else asks, my Lexus rear lights are already sold.

I have one SRi alloy wheel, NO TYRE, this is ideal for a spare as it has some scuffs on it, although having said that, they are not that bad and you could easily use it.
    I brought it in the condition it is in, with the intention of ditching the poxy space saver but never got round to it.
    Would like to get back what I paid for it, around £50.SOLD

Next is a sunglass holder, already got one in the new motor so don't need the one I put in my SRi. £5. SOLD

Next up is a traction control switch, worked great in the old motor, but not this one. £5. SOLD

Last edited by Green Growler; 26th May 2006 at 17:15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Lastly I have a roof mounted screen. This is an 8" screen, much bigger than the usual 7" screens.
    I brought this with the intention of doing a full install but never got round to it, and I don't want it in the new motor.
    This is brand new and boxed, never fitted, only removed from the box for testing, and it works perfectly. Not a branded item, but none the less, the picture quality is brilliant. Light silver colour of body makes it ideal for the light roof lining unlike some of the black units you see.
    It is complete with all cables, instructions, credit card remote control, even earplugs. (still in packet unused)
    Again, would like to see back what I paid for it, £80.SOLD

Last edited by Green Growler; 28th May 2006 at 13:59.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

You would be better to ditch the space saver because you have 19`s. the spacesaver is not reccomended for use with 19`s by VX . I reckon it is because the tyres are wider and lower in profile there isn`t enough give in them to compensate for the smaller wheel ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bainie
    You would be better to ditch the space saver because you have 19`s. the spacesaver is not reccomended for use with 19`s by VX . I reckon it is because the tyres are wider and lower in profile there isn`t enough give in them to compensate for the smaller wheel ..
    Yeah I know m8, I don't fancy the idea of a space saver with 19's, though according the Vx this is fine !!!
    The Sri wheel really wont go with what I have, and is rather wasted, so I am getting a basic steel wheel (16" I believe) to use as a spare, and this will cost me less than it would to buy a tyre anyway.
    In the mean time, if the worst comes to the worst I have a can of tyre weld poo, and I'm in the AA, lol.

Ex Vec-C Admin & Founder Bainie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Green Growler
    Yeah I know m8, I don't fancy the idea of a space saver with 19's, though according the Vx this is fine !!!

Usuall VX then, two different stories, when I put mine in for a service the mechanic came to speak to me, in general about the car but said that because I had fitted aftermarket 19`s I still had the spacesaver, and that had I got VX 19`s they would have advised ditching the spacesaver and putting in a spare steel / alloy wheel . Told me to look around for a 2nd hand one so he wasn`t on a hard sell ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Bainie
    Usuall VX then, two different stories, when I put mine in for a service the mechanic came to speak to me, in general about the car but said that because I had fitted aftermarket 19`s I still had the spacesaver, and that had I got VX 19`s they would have advised ditching the spacesaver and putting in a spare steel / alloy wheel . Told me to look around for a 2nd hand one so he wasn`t on a hard sell ??
    Dunno m8, Matt mentioned the other day that Vx do actually supply certain models with 19's and a space saver, so they don't see it as an issue.
    I don't fancy the idea myself though, but if needs must, I guess it would get you out of trouble.
    Mind you, I never fancied the idea on a space saver when I was only on 17's, there's a hell of difference !!!
    Lets face, space savers are pants, lol.

Ex Vec-C Admin / Founder Duncan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Green Growler
    Dunno m8, Matt mentioned the other day that Vx do actually supply certain models with 19's and a space saver, so they don't see it as an issue.
    They must do, as you can (obviously) spec a Signum with 19's, but there's no way hosey you can get anything other than a space saver in the wheel bay on a Signum!

As GG said, it's bad enough on 17s with a space saver, I'd hate to have one on with 19s!! The car would be tilting downwards (or backwards) slightly! lol

Sorry GG, taking your thread further off topic!

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

ill have the glasses holder off ya, if u still have it.
    ill swap u the steel wheel u wanted for it at PVS (if u still want the wheel that is).
    the GSI's are havin the other 2 steels.

carl

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by carl bear
    ill have the glasses holder off ya, if u still have it.
    ill swap u the steel wheel u wanted for it at PVS (if u still want the wheel that is).
    the GSI's are havin the other 2 steels.

carl
    Brilliant, call that a done deal m8, see you at PVS.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

see u there mate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information