Thread: blue signum 2.0T york road in leeds, 26th/8

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default blue signum 2.0T york road in leeds, 26th/8

so today im on my way up to my brothers house and i enter a dual carriage way, im in right hand lane and in front is a blue signum, we get through the next roundabout and im just driving along, not agressivley just steady away when the guy in the signum brakes, theres nothing infront of him and i just presume he thinks im driving up his backside, which i wasnt. so he eventually moves over and i pass him and carry on, pull off to the street where my brother lives and park up, this signum comes in the same turn off, circles the roundabout then gives me a look that can only be described as hatred and drives back out to the road he was on then drives off same way.

if this is anyone on here i apologise for what ever you think i did but would love to know what you thought i did coz i am baffled

Combination of Preston and Oxfordshire...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Some people's opinion of tailgating is different to other's mate, he may have jsut felt you were too close for his liking and wanted to make a point about it...

Personally I think it's not worth worrying about that sort of thing - once he moved over and let you pass that would've been the end of it for me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

I have a mate who completely overreacts if he feels someone is too close. Personally if they want to sit on the back seat then fine by me, it's their insurance if they hit me.

Had a taxi do the same the other day, came out of work (it's real pain if you are turning right, very busy road), huge gap in the traffic so out I went, 30 seconds later had a taxi up my rear end and he was not exactly holding back on the hand gestures, he followed me for a couple of miles till I pulled over in a bus stop and I then pulled out behind him. He threw a U turn at the next traffic island, toss pot..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

to be honest i was a good 2 car lengths away from him, doing around 30mph, although it was a national speed limit dual carriage way, i dont drive up peoples arses because like you say if i hit the car in front its my insurance, plus my tires on the front are legal but low, it was wet, only a complete berk would tailgate in that situation, do things appear closer in signum mirrors?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Its all about perception.
    If you are aggrieved about someone's driving either pull over to get out the way or, stop and get out the car to remonstrate with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Readster View Post
    Its all about perception.
    If you are aggrieved about someone's driving either pull over to get out the way or, stop and get out the car to remonstrate with them.

which always ends in tears on someones part - guns ......knives.....baseball bats.........wheel nut tools - broken vauxhall springs - all dangerous and could be in the car and that BEFORE you know who they are and stand 2' taller than you

0-Large smile ......every time it's driven

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Adz86 View Post
    to be honest i was a good 2 car lengths away from him, doing around 30mph, although it was a national speed limit dual carriage way, i dont drive up peoples arses because like you say if i hit the car in front its my insurance, plus my tires on the front are legal but low, it was wet, only a complete berk would tailgate in that situation, do things appear closer in signum mirrors?
    Yes, remember, from the back of an Estate type car (where there is no boot length behind the rear window), a following car can seem closer to your back window whereas in reality it's no closer to the back of the car.

Something it took me a bit to get used to the first time I had an Estate car. Even though that first Estate car was a Land Rover with a tow bar, I still found it unnerving at times - the perception that drivers were right up my back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by Adz86 View Post
    A couple of possible reasons, and neither one is a criticism, but just a possible explanantion and still makes his response a little odd.

First reason - 2 car lengths is about 9m, but just for good measure we'll add another one and call it 3, it's now 13.5m. However, the overall stopping distance (as per Higway Code) is 23m at 30mph. Bearing in mind that it was wet, then the braking distance will be greater. He may have felt a bit intimidated by how close you were in those circumstances.

Second reason - The National speed limit for a dual carriage way is 70mph. He was doing 30 mph and you were behind him also doing 30mph. I'm assuming that the road wasn't blocked up and that you could have got passed if you wanted. He might be sitting there thinking, what on earth is this guy following me for when he can pass and get away from me. His response was to give a bit of it back to you.

As I said, neither one makes it right, but then there's "now't as queer as folk".

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by deztroyer View Post
    which always ends in tears on someones part - guns ......knives.....baseball bats.........wheel nut tools - broken vauxhall springs - all dangerous and could be in the car and that BEFORE you know who they are and stand 2' taller than you
    Perhaps, depends how p**d off you are I guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Quote Originally Posted by VFR View Post
    A couple of possible reasons, and neither one is a criticism, but just a possible explanantion and still makes his response a little odd.

First reason - 2 car lengths is about 9m, but just for good measure we'll add another one and call it 3, it's now 13.5m. However, the overall stopping distance (as per Higway Code) is 23m at 30mph. Bearing in mind that it was wet, then the braking distance will be greater. He may have felt a bit intimidated by how close you were in those circumstances.

Second reason - The National speed limit for a dual carriage way is 70mph. He was doing 30 mph and you were behind him also doing 30mph. I'm assuming that the road wasn't blocked up and that you could have got passed if you wanted. He might be sitting there thinking, what on earth is this guy following me for when he can pass and get away from me. His response was to give a bit of it back to you.

As I said, neither one makes it right, but then there's "now't as queer as folk".
    yeah i hear what youre saying but he was in the right hand lane, he was level with a car in the left he passed that car by a good amount as they must have been doing 25 at most, it wasnt terrential rain just spitting, i could have undertaken but didnt want to pull such a manouver, when he did move across i didnt belt past i just slowly accelerated to 50 and didnt think nowt more of it

Thread Information