Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Default my terrible day!

i have a 57 cdti 150 vectra

yesterday i needed to do a wee job on my caravan so i went picked it up and put it in my mates driveway

had to nip in the town to pick up a few things on the way the battery light came on and when i stopped the car and re started it the light was off for about a minute then came on again

i took the car to arnold clark while my warranty was still valid (runs out on thursday) they told me that the car needs a new alternator and it will be replaced under warranty

so far my day was going pretty gd

this is where it gets complicated.

they claim my car can be fitted with 8 different alternators and when they put in the VIN number that the computer shows 4 different alternators and they have no idea which one they need to order to put in my car

so i will be 'a few days' without a car and they wont supply a courtesy car unless i pay 11.50 a day

i said that because its a warranty job that the car should be provided at no cost to me the cost should be passed to vauxhall

the manager went on the phone to another branch and told me that they suggest that they try an alternator from that branch and hopefully its the right one if its not they will order the next most popular one and the car would be fixed by wednesday lunchtime

they put the car on the ramp and tried to look with a mirror at the part number but they couldnt see it so i would need to hand it in at lunchtime today

i agreed that at 1655 this was an acceptable compromise and i could do without the car for 24 hours

i they left arnold clark and drove home

about 5 miles the car abs light and power steering light came on and the car died i phoned te branch and was told theres nothign they could do and its up to me to get he car towed to the branch i wasnt happy because i had no car and no way to get the caravan off my friends driveway

my mate told me to phone arnold clark assist and they would come tow the car and bring me a courtesy car i was suprised that i wasnt told this on the phone

but i phoned and who would have thought it an hour later they came with a tow truck and took the car to the branch and they took me to the airport to pick up the courtesy car

went iinto the branch today and they said they did nt know i had access to this service !!!

they then told me i would need to wait for there phonecall to see when it was going to be fixed !

so now im just waiting about and only have the hire car until wednesday at 5pm if they are keeping the car longer then i need to ask then if the y will let me have the astra for a bit longer.

to be continued!

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Jeez...bet you wished you had stayed in bed !

Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vehicle InfoStats

Vehicle : VXR Estate

Trim : VXR

Engine : 2800

Year : 2008

Mileage : 3000

How easy would it be for them to order the 4 alternators overnight, then fit the correct one
    It that so difficult??????

Also concerned how they can let you drive away after knowing the alternator was not charging. Would not take long for the lights to fade/PAS to fail/ABS to register low voltage. VERY BAD DEALER
    Last edited by tangoman; 25th August 2009 at 11:07.

Thread Information